Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This contest is surely getting close to the end. Only some over a hundred posts to go. How many are staying up to post here ?

Last edited:

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ours just love to look out the windows and seem to be content with this thankfully. It is nice to have them inside and safe always.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I edited my post because I realized that was wrong. It is midnight on Thursday night, not tonight.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I edited my post because I realized that was wrong. It is midnight on Thursday night, not tonight.
Whew!  I was worried there.  I really didn't think my hands and mind could think that fast!

Definitely working on posting as quickly as I can. My kitten is on an adventure under the couch. Oh dear.
Kittens and their adventures.  That's another thing I was unprepared for.  Jeez, the things those kittens got into.  One even broke the furnace.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

Woah. How did a little kitten managed to break a big old furnace? That sounds like an exciting story.
Well, now that I remember it, there were two kittens involved and we never knew exactly how they did it.  Only that we heard this loud noise (the furnace wasn't running, thank heavens as it was summer) and went downstairs.  Everything seemed fine except all the kittens were hiding.  So we tested the furnace and sure enough, it wouldn't come on.  It's been so long ago now that I can't remember what part had to be replaced but they climbed somewhere they shouldn't have.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Crazy kittens. They do seem to find a way to get into everything. Its always surprising to me just how much trouble they can get into.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I followed that thread too, I think.  Is that the one where she put the tracker on the collar and found the kittens?  There was another one later that was kind of like it but I don't remember it as well.

I realize now that I should have been worrying much more about my previous cats than I did.  Although they lived pretty long lives, they needed to go to the vet more than I realized at the time.
Yes, but she was able to use her phone by googling new born kitten sounds and the mother cat led her to the kittens.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

Crazy kittens. They do seem to find a way to get into everything. Its always surprising to me just how much trouble they can get into.
Yes, it's amazing they survived down in that basement - it was so cluttered but that's where Poppy took them and seemed to want them.  We kept one and he gave me a real scare once.  We were moving and I was driving an old Dodge van which vented by latches that opened down over the wheels.  Joel (that was the kitten's name) was not in a carrier (big mistake) and while I was driving, he managed to get through the driver's side vent which was partially open.  Quick as a flash I reached down just in time to grab him by the tail before he disappeared beneath my tire.  So I had to hold him with one hand while he was screaming at me hanging down over my tire and guide a fully loaded van to the side of the road.  He was fine.  Didn't have a scratch on him, though he disappeared for 3 days at our new place. 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well that is good. The cats are fed, litter boxes are scooped, and I am sleepy. Goodnight my fellow babblers. I has been wonderful babbling with you all.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

Well that is good. The cats are fed, litter boxes are scooped, and I am sleepy. Goodnight my fellow babblers. I has been wonderful babbling with you all.
Goodnight!  Sleep tight!  I'm probably good for another hour and then I'll probably abandon ship, too.  I don't think I'll be up when we hit 1500.  Oh well.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It;s only 9pm here but everyone else seems to be on the east coast.  Got all my must do chores done for the night.

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's a perfect meal!  Fish, grains and dairy.  You need a veggie or two or three.
I ate the ice cream on my way home and when I arrived I made myself some veggie ramen with shrimp! :D
I basically make a broth with cabagge, onion, garlic, potato and sometimes carrot, when it's almost done cooking I add the ramen and a hint of salt and pepper! This time since shrimp were on sale I added a handful! :D

Going to have popcorn but I started the movie before I made them and the kitchen is too far XD

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are Ramen noodle restaurants near here.  There were 3 or 4 in Mountain View.  I would get so hungry walking to the post office the whole block smelled like noodles.

I made a roast tonight.  Thought it was going to be cooler like yesterday.  Bought it on sale and my kitchen was so warm.  It was pretty good.  Cooked potatoes and carrots with it and had fruit salad and bread. YUM!

Status
Not open for further replies.