Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Black cats are so beautiful. But they don't photograph well. Shelters and rescues have a hard time representing them on websites, which makes them less likely to get adopted. Our new kitten had a twin brother who wasn't adopted for several weeks after we brought her home. The whole litter was of black kittens and apparently the foster mom had way to much interest in the one black and white kitten and none in the plain black ones.

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I must have weird cats: they never jump on the counter or on the dining table, they don't scratch furniture, they all get along although none of them cuddle up with each other, mostly they come when I call them, they don't try to run out the front door and they all use their litter boxes religiously. What do they have to keep them such good cats: one only person to care for them and love them, 4 regular litter boxes and a LitterRobot, , a dish for each of them although that doesn't always work out, one circulating porcellaine water fountain, plenty of toys and mom playing with them every day, only two cats at a time who can sleep with mom and that is at random, 3 scratching posts, 3 cardboard scratching pads, one cat tree which is on the enclosed patio on the second floor with 5 chairs in which they can and do sleep, a cat door leading to the the patio, canned food once a day and kibble available all the time. What kind of cats do I have: Birman seal point Capucchino, age 16, been with me since age 7 months, Persian Bebe, age 16, here for last 4 years, DSH black Panthera, age 8, here for 4 years, DLH black Patrick, age 4 , he's a foster, here since September 2014, and Birman mix?? diluted seal point Marocchino who looks like pure bred but with faulty coloring on legs, age 10?, adopted from shelter where she has been twice (complaint: she hides a lot!!!) , overweight, no, plain fat!!! now on a diet for the last 6 weeks and is getting around better. I must be doing something right to keep all these cats in line without use of a spray bottle or other "punishments" and no clicker training either. 
Ok.. Everyone! Kitty playdate at @segelkatt  's house! Dress casualy, bring your cats!  

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eclipse is mostly black.  He has a rusty red hue around his shoulders and front legs and along his sides.  He was all black when we got him and he looks all black in pictures.  Kim says we cannot get another black cat because we wouldn't be able to tell them apart.  I don't think that would be a problem.  Kim would like a ragdoll.  She wants a cat who will snuggle with her.  Sadly Fluffy isn't a snuggler - yet.  She did come up on the couch with me for a little bit today.  A rare occurrence.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
handsome kitty handsome kitty

Could you go ahead and adopt now so your kitty has a playmate? There's no time like the present. Sounds like he could use a friend!

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey! Not to be the party pooper and crash your conversation, but do you have any "fail" photos of your pets? You know.. Like the ones you take before the "awesome" ones?

I'm giving you an example:

I took this (looks like a frying pan hit him in the face)

View media item 284362
in order to take this (not great, but.. normal!)

View media item 284363

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

@GrizzlySapien  That first picture is hilarious. I have taken many pictures like that but usually delete immediately. 

My little kitty is sitting on my chest demanding petting. (loudly)
I know @NewYork1303! I laughed so hard when I took it! Don't delete them! When I take photos like that, I keep them for a good laugh! Of course I am not talking about the "shaky" or "blury" ones.. I just keep the ones that are too funny to delete 

bubbleberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much grizzlysapien. your kind words are greatly appreciated

Night
Good luck to the first winner!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

Your cat was really beautiful. I haven't really seen any long haired orange cats before. Sorry for your loss. 
when I got her from the County Shelter there was a couple who also wanted her and when I walked out with her they asked "did you get that blond cat?" I never thought of her as "blond" and I have never heard someone to refer to a red cat as "blond" but I guess that's as good as any name for that color. Honey Bunch, whom I named because of her honey color, went to the rainbow bridge 7 years ago, the vet could not tell me what was wrong with her, she had not been feeling well for only 4 days and passed away in my car on the way to the vet, again. She has been the only red cat I have ever had.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Cats are like potato chips, it is so hard to have just one. or two. or three. They all have wonderful personalities. Who can stand one waiting any amount of time for a home? At my local shelter a six year old cat that has been waiting almost a year and a half was just adopted today. Poor kitty.
Both Tempest and Sinbad had been at the shelter for over a year when we adopted them. Tempest had actually been returned twice. I simply cannot fathom why, she is so sweet and loving. They both are.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitten loves to "help" me with my computer. She is being such a great helper right now. She loves to put her six tiny toes on the scroll pad of my laptop so that I can't scroll down. I consider her a computer hacker since she once walked across the keyboard and managed to turn the monitor display completely upside down.

View media item 284371
View media item 284373
@Losna  Poor cats. Glad they have a good forever home now.. I always feel bad for the ones that spend such a big part of their lives waiting for homes.

Last edited:

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to use Google to find out how to switch it back. Awkward since I had to read the google results upside down. 

bubbleberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i can't sleep yet....

gorgeous ring miss newyork1303!

yea, they do love to walk on the keyboards huh, alot of help

it got nice and cooled down

air is fresh

kitty kisser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just got back from Petsense ( had to make a canned cat food run). There where 3 kittens 2 orange ones ,one was all puffed up from head to toe but seemed friendly meowing and such never seen a kitten act like that! The black striped tabby was climbing the cage ,:lol3:if husband hadn't said no I'd be at least a kitten richer tonight.:lol3:

Status
Not open for further replies.