Aww man, think Popsie has ear mites.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just cleaning his ears. I put TP on my finger and gently swab the inside of the ears. Well he acted like it was really bothering him and he kept swiping at one ear with his front leg. Then I noticed little dark specks on the white part of his leg. That sounds like ear mites doesn't it? Do indoor only cats usually get ear mites? Oh yeah, I was also rubbing his ears to get him to shake his head, ya know loosen up the crud, and he kept making these little grunting noises like it was bothering him, so naturally I stopped. Poor guy

ronit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi ! I would take poopsie to see the vet as once one of the cats had ear mites, he used to go outdoors too. It is very dangerous if they are mites indeed !
Send my best to Poopsie!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could be mites, or it could be a yeast infection in the ear. Neither are comfortable conditions and both require vet assistance.

Bella's had both
Vet took care of the mites with one visit, the ear infection required a couple of weeks of "fun for everyone" ear drops...

Mites usually are accompanied by gunk that looks like coffee grounds. When Bella had her infection she had a lot of ear gunk, but it wasn't as dark or crumbly like it was when she had the mites.