Automatic litterboxes- which is best?

pee-cleaner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Artgecko--Yes, it does work. I love the stuff but unfortunately, it collects in my wirehaired cat's fur and makes a mess. It's great for smoothhairs, tho.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, i've had better luck w/my littermaids than y'all did. i've only had one die 'before it's time' so to speak. but since i have 3 almost brand-new ones, it'll probably be a while before i need to replace any.
i really don't like the in-between model of the littermaid. i like the basic, & i like the deluxe - but the one in-between has given me more problems than the basic one! my oldest one is a basic... the 2 in-betweens i've gotten have both died, & both were newer than the basic.
the deluxes are nice, because the rake is metal, & so far i haven't had anything get stuck in it! much better than the plastic rakes!

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
peecleaner- I am a die-hard WBCL fan, but I'm having to use the FP scoop due to a possible corn allergy in one of the cats
The FP scoop clumps ok, but it does get stuck on even my very short haired cats...I can tell when my black kitten has been in the box, as he sometimes has a tank "face mask" lol.

Art

pee-cleaner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL--then you can imagine what my afro sporting cat must look like!

I like WBCL too--but the kitties didn't and they demonstrated their dislike in no uncertain terms. I had to reluctantly go back to clay--Precious Cat Ultra---as a compromise. They seem happy and they are the bosses...sigh.

Cally

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i looked into the litter robot, but i have a 16 pound LARGE boy, & it sounded like it might be a tight fit for him.
Laureen, our 15.5 lb DSH cat has no problem using the Litter Robot.

I love the fact the litter box is clean all the time and I can just use any 13 gallon garbage bags. In fact it was buy 1 get one free @ Jewel so I bought enough to last for 6 months