Automatic Hands

santan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you know what they are and do you have them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

santan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, come on, You GUYS!!!

Automatic hands are hands you get when you have been "properly conditioned" by your kittehs (and/or goggies) to go into pet-me mode the minute they get on your lap. You can be reading, watching TV, even sleeping, but "properly conditioned" hands will automatically go into the continuous pet mode on contact and the motions will only cease when kitteh leaves the lap to go do other things.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
 I was reading this and then realised that I was skrigling Sundar under his chin..   I wasn't even aware he was there till this brought it to my attention.

quincunx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have automatic hands. Whenever I feel that ball of fur pounce into my lap my hand scratches under his chin, behind his ears, at the base of his tail, under his chin, behind his ears, repeat... 
 And then it all stops when he pounces out of the human's lap and pretends like nothing just happened.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When whisky deigns to come to me I am sometimes surprised to find him there if I'm reading or something but I stroke his back most of the time. He curls up. Last week he slept on my lap for SIX hours. I kid you not. Except for the times I picked him up as is and then came back and put him back in the same position. Blighty is not a lap cat. Sigh.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

santan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean. My little girl, Ivy, will sit on my lap now for increasingly longer periods, but there are about ten minutes of bouncing around before she settles, getting petted and talked to all the while. Then brushies, then - finally - she will perch for 15 or 20.

Little man, Jams, is rarely in my lap. His preferred positions are binking on Snuggy draped over the back of my lounger or curled up on my stomach and the edge of the desk in front of the computer while he binks my tee shirt sleeve. His thing is serious brushies. He have me do that all day long, if possible. Haha!