authority..?

funkyg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm going to buy some tonight. First, my kitten loves their soft food, and I think it's really good quality at a decent price. Second, has everyone had a good experience with the food? Did you kitties like it or not like it? I hear most gobble it up! I'm excited to try it. I know I'm a nerd I just wanted some opinions.

malynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cats eat both the canned and the dry Authority brand, they seem to love it.

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
While at Petsmart...consider Nutro Natural Choice Complete Care, it is a highly respected food for its quality ingredients with NO by-products or perservatives in it.
It cost a little more...but is worth it in the long run for kitty and their health. Is the best food Petsmart carries in my opinion and worth a look. Just my two cents worth.
Good luck with what you decide.

malynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Authority has no by products listed on their label. Thats one of the reasons I chose it.

malynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I compared with Nutro and the list is basically the same, I tried Natural Choice and my cats wouldnt eat it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

funkyg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes...i know it has no by-products for sure. I use nutro natural choice...I'm interested in authority though..for something new to try.

malynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was responding to Slave2 ragdolls post about by- products, it said that they thought that authority had by products and then on the post that was edited out, I was just looking on my label on the bag and it had no by products. Mine were on the Maxx kitten earlier in their life and they got really bad gas from the canned so I just switched to both the dry and canned Authority and they are doing great on it.

funkyg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's good. So you would recommend Authority. I was also responding to the post about authority having by-products. It's such a good quality canned food so i was curious about the dry as well. I love it!

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by funkyg
Yes...i know it has no by-products for sure. I use nutro natural choice...I'm interested in authority though..for something new to try.
If you want to try something new that is even better in my opinion...try Chicken Soup For The Cat Lovers Soul...It has "5" protein sources in it. You can find it a Pets Supplies Plus in Michigan. They have trial bags for $2.00 for 2 pounds. I by 3 or four every time I am there. That is only $1.00 a pound. My three cats inhale it daily along with 3 other different types of dry cat food a day without any problems.

malynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been looking for it in my area and cant find it, I have heard it was a good food, I will have to check all the local feed stores and small pet stores for it around here. I know they only have an adult formula though right?

cutelil'kitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wanted to try it for my kitten, but unfortunately they have only adult formulas. I have heard a lot about this brand... only good things!

funkyg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I heard something bad about chix soup before and now i'm not sure what it was at all, but it was on one of these boards.

rock&fluff'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Slave2_Ragdolls
Which food?
Authority adult chicken and rice dry, and they also get the wet food as well in the mornings and evenings.....

cutelil'kitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by malynn
I've been looking for it in my area and cant find it, I have heard it was a good food, I will have to check all the local feed stores and small pet stores for it around here. I know they only have an adult formula though right?
Chicken Soup says it is for all life stages on the bag. I have heard from another cat site that I go to...that you can get a free bag from Diamond Pet Foods if you go to there website and suggest a pet food store in your area to them that you would like to carry the food....a rep will email you back offering you a "free 6 pound bag" for the recommendation. Alot of people have done it at my other site. It can't hurt to try. I love free stuff. I have not done it because the store just down the street carries the 2 pound trial bags for $2.00. I have done alot of research on cat foods for my furkids in th last 6 months and am always willing to help people when I can. Their website can be found at www.chickensoupforthepetloverssoul.com

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my kitty loves authority whitefish meal.. I would rather have him eat solid gold but I can't find it around here, so authority is my substitute til I find it..

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Solid Gold is another excellent cat food that I feed my furkids. It is one of the four foods that I feed my cats daily. I buy it here at feed stores only. Their web site www.solidgoldhealth.com has a store locater on it.

funkyg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've never really heard much about solid gold, i'll have to check out the website.