Aug 31st and haven't slept past 4 AM...help

karkel59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok ever since we found "64" and gave her, her forever home, I haven't slept past 4 am !!! Not one time....HELP.  We go to bed early by 9 pm most nights..we watch TV till 10 or 11 "64" sleeps in our Ca King in her bed at the foot of our bed, we are in our 50"s so we get up to go to the bathroom and wake up "64" so then I put her in our master bathroom...it's huge by the way..she has a bed in there a litter box and some food....the problem is my husband gets up around 330 or 4 every morning t go to the bathroom...(ugh) which wakes her up and then she bangs on the door and meows ...so I get up....and y husband of course goes back to sleep...I love her but not sure what to do...I work 8-330 during week so 4 isn't that bad but the weekens ....ugh

kflei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Give her her own room.  We had to do this with our 19-year-old cat Wildfire who would be up and down, up and down all night, waking me each time.  We set her up in her own bedroom, and my sleep has been deep and profound ever since, lol...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

karkel59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks we are selling home and selling stuff, we have two empty bedrooms that I put a lot of her stuff in and she meows and meows she hates it, when we move I am gonna set it up so she does not sleep in same room from the beginning

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
poor kitty and poor you :(

i hope you guys are able to figure something out that works for everyone once you move. She just wants to be with mommy!! Poor 64, you've spoiled her with your love that's why she wants you all the time.

maybe look into some calming treats?? when 64 wakes up at 4 am, just give her one..it might help her to be calmer and she'll quit with the meowing. i use these:

Pet Natural: Calming Treats

I give them to Charlie, who likes to wake up 5 am and do his whole chewing and pulling my hair business, and recently he's become quite fond of grooming my eyebrows (don't ask), and i'll give him a treat and he just kinda calms down. He'll try to come at my hair again, but if I push him away, he just stays away and just kind of...chills out. Instead of without the treats, then he will go ballistic and NOT leave me alone until i give in and left him half at it with my hair, and then before i know it, its 8 am and I have to be up for work. 

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats ALWAYS wake me up at 4AM too! When I worked my old job I got up at that time to go to work and it kind of stuck.......I guess I look at it that you are supposed to get up the same time every day, it's easier on your body! 
I can't sleep listening to them scratching and meowing at my door anyway!

brewmeows

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We had the same exact problem when we first got our kitty, Brewski. No matter what we did to tire him out, he would still be up at 4am walking on our faces & pawing at us to wake up. My fiance and I live in a 1 bedroom condo in San Diego so we don't have the luxury of giving him his own room. We ended up crate training him and it has worked wonders and he actually loves it...walks right in there when its bedtime and lays in his bed. The first few nights he whined about being in there, but he got used to it really quick and has no problem with it. This might not work with other cats, but he was only 7 months when we adopted him so he adapted quickly. We just feed him a bit before bedtime, he goes potty, then in the crate he goes. Other than that, he is a very spoiled kitty who gets more love, affection and attention than he needs :) Now kitty is happy and mommy and daddy are awake and refreshed to go to work at 6am