Attention Dallas area TCS get together attendees!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Friends... I'm getting really scared here. You all know I've been losing weight. But I haven't lost nearly enough yet. I'm still big as a barn! It's all I can do to face seeing you tomorrow -- the thought of being videotaped and put up on YouTube is TERRIFYING!

So I'm asking, please... Lee, can you let me stay behind the camera?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Friends... I'm getting really scared here. You all know I've been losing weight. But I haven't lost nearly enough yet. I'm still big as a barn! It's all I can do to face seeing you tomorrow -- the thought of being videotaped and put up on YouTube is TERRIFYING!

So I'm asking, please... Lee, can you let me stay behind the camera?
I believe that means there is just more of you to love and you bet we want to see your sweet face.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's the rare American who doesn't have a good deal more insulation than he needs. I could sure afford to lose about 40 pounds of truck stop food!

You know what truck stop food is like, right?

"Uh...just bring me a glob of lard, and while you're at it, bread it, deep-fat fry it, and put white gravy and whipped cream on it."

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so jealous of your get-together. I wish I could make it to Dallas. Have a wonderful time, and we'll be expecting loads of pictures!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carwashcats

OMG! CAROL, U ARE CRACKIN ME UP! That was the only thing you saw,
was the toenails! I never even saw them, I had to go back and check them
out! I think their COOL!!!!
they're purple, now.
btw, Lee - i can't find the model number, but i did find this:
Built-in iSight camera; mini-DVI output port with support for DVI, VGA, S-video, and composite video (requires adapters, sold separately)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

they're purple, now.
btw, Lee - i can't find the model number, but i did find this:
I have worked all day on trying to get my laptop interfaced to the HDTV. I have made four trips to Radio Shack and bought new equipment and cables each time. Finally, a few hours ago, I hauled my laptop in with all the cables attached to it that they had sold me and told them "Here, now show me how to do it." Nobody in the store could and they tried for about a half hour. So back to my thought you need to have an HDMI cable for a HDTV.

Here are my final thoughts on the matter. Again, if you can put your slides, pictures, and videos on a digital camera's memory card, (just drag your stuff over to it), you can then display those photos very easily on my HDTV with the cables that came with your camera. Otherwise, I have a rather large 19" wide screen laptop that can be situated where all of us coming can see it and be operated with a remote mouse. If you just bring a USB card or CD, that is fine, we can use my laptop to show everybody. However, if you plug that USB or CD into your computer and drag that stuff off of the USB or CD onto a camera's memory card, then you can show off your cats as I am going to do, on my 42 inch plasma HDTV.

I am signing off. Sheri is already in the kithen starting the feast for tomorrow. Folks, that is just the Persian way. One that I have come to respect and admire.

I do plan on making a movie of our event rather than take pictures. And I do plan on having it on YouTube this Sunday. I will respect anybody's wishes on not being filmed but people all around the world want to see what we look like! I'm just a decrepit old man (68) and I don't care who knows it so I will have DW doing some of the filming as I join the group. And with that, I sign off and look forward to seeing all of you tomorrow.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

You can still make it, Sabrina! Call in sick and come on up!
I agree! We all deserve to call in sick a few times in our life and Sheri and I have a great program in store for you. Go ahead, call in sick.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I agree! We all deserve to call in sick a few times in our life and Sheri and I have a great program in store for you. Go ahead, call in sick.
Sorry, but no dice. This is the holiday I picked. I'm already at work and I have the pager so if I get a donor I can't be more than 30 mins away...

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is the planned program for today. Each segement below will be filmed and placed on YouTube under the names KatKlik1-7. Due to YouTube's upload limitations, the movie will be made in the same segments as you see below. You will be able to see the entire program at your convenience, all at once or just a segment at a time. I hope this will give other people ideas on how to hold these get togethers. Sheri and I have much experience in this area of program design.

I Introduction (just me telling about the program).
II The arrivals 1-3 pm. Snacks and just getting to know each other.
3-4 pm. With everybody here we just have a beer, a glass of wine, Persian tea or whatever and continue to get together and know each other. I suspect life long friendships will be formed today.
III about 4. The Meal. A full course authentic Persian dinner prepared by my most charming wife will be served. Enjoy, there will be an awesome variety of food.
IV. Settleling time. Let your fantastic meal digest and continue to get to know your fellow members.
V. about 5. Gathering in the family room to watch movies and such that members have brought of their cats on my large screen plasma TV.
Move over to the formal living area where a 19" laptop will be readily seen by all to view other media that members have brought that could not be shown on the HDTV. A remote mouse is available and it has a magnify screen feature that will make the laptop screen easily seen by all.
VI time ?? Maybe 7? Have some more wine and get ready for the fun to start! Cat Parlor games starting with a game I have already described earlier. This is going to be a hoot!
VII time 9-10 Introductions. I would like to film each of you and ask you just to tell your name, your username, how many cats you have and how you have enjoyed the program.
Around 10? Program is officially over but members are invited to stay as late as they would like, one member is staying over night and should you tip too much wine, we have another accomodation available!

Note: If you have any concerns over the filming of this event, please just see me when you arrive.

P.S. My private designated smoking balcony is right outside the family room.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have received a couple of phone calls within the last 45 mins. I am so torn
but I'm afraid I am going to have to cancel my invitation, with much
regret!! The phone calls were from family members whom are right in the line
of the hurricanne, down in Louisiana! There isn't a hotel room vacant anywhere, so I feel the need to be here, for some will be staying here at my house, my sister's house, and also my parents home! My mom, and my sister, are at my other sister's house, so I will need to pick up and clean up all three houses! I'm so so sad though!!! I would like to say "Thank You" To Lee and
Sherri!!!! For having this wonderful event! You are so kind to open your new home, to feed us, and simply have a fantastic time! You both are tops in my book! (My lip is poking out right about now) But I will meet you all one day,
hopefully soon! Have a LARGE time, and if you all make a toast, please remember me, then have a glass of wine or a beer for me!! I'm gonna miss ya'll!

Please be safe!
Monique
"carwashcats"

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carwashcats

I have received a couple of phone calls within the last 45 mins. I am so torn
but I'm afraid I am going to have to cancel my invitation, with much
regret!! The phone calls were from family members whom are right in the line
of the hurricanne, down in Louisiana! There isn't a hotel room vacant anywhere, so I feel the need to be here, for some will be staying here at my house, my sister's house, and also my parents home! My mom, and my sister, are at my other sister's house, so I will need to pick up and clean up all three houses! I'm so so sad though!!! I would like to say "Thank You" To Lee and
Sherri!!!! For having this wonderful event! You are so kind to open your new home, to feed us, and simply have a fantastic time! You both are tops in my book! (My lip is poking out right about now) But I will meet you all one day,
hopefully soon! Have a LARGE time, and if you all make a toast, please remember me, then have a glass of wine or a beer for me!! I'm gonna miss ya'll!

Please be safe!
Monique
"carwashcats"
That's a bummer, Monique. I can see where your heart lies and I think that is wonderful of you to help out your family. I hope they all make it safe to where they need to get.

Lee - thanks for opening up your home and providing a safe and exciting environment for some fellow members to meet up at. I regret that I can't make it, but I hope that in the future you may have another meetup and until then, I wish everyone a ton of FUN!!!!!
Enjoy yourselfs and be careful on the road. It is Labor Day weekend, the one weekend where there are more fatal accidents than any other.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Awwww Carol
It's the person inside that counts
Yes it is!! You're a wonderful person and that is the part of us that stays constant throughout our lives. Never be ashamed or embarrassed about yourself.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
CarolPetunia was very concerned about her appearance, but I found her to be a pretty, interesting, friendly, wonderful person. None of us are perfect, but as I told her, had she been born in Botticelli's day, she would have BEEN perfect for that time. Our societal obsession with the perfect body image, and our societal habits of overeating just don't match, and research shows that only about 1/6 of all women, under the best of circumstances, could come near to what is considered the "ideal body" today.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, thank you, Mike.
I'm sorry I'm so self-conscious.

What fun we had today! Lee and Sheri made us all feel so welcome, and Sheri truly is a glorious cook. It was wonderful to meet everyone -- the only trouble was time! We could have talked straight through the night, I'm sure, but some of us had families to get home to, and others (like me) just plain wore out. We didn't get to play the guessing game Lee came up with, which is a shame... but we did get to look at some kitty pictures and videos, and we had lots of fun just talking about our cats (among other things).

And Amy (Momofmany) brought her handmade catnip toys for everybody (and let me tell you, these things are potent! Our kitties are wacky for 'em!), and she also brought her precious little kitty tents for Lee and Sheri (whose houseguest she is tonight) and for me (for being her chauffeur, which is a pure pleasure and needs no repayment, but I'm not giving the tent back because it's SO CUTE!)

And Pam (Sandtigress) made catnip-scented kitty pads for everybody, too, with pawprint-patterned fleece in the colors of her school, Texas A&M -- so it was just like Christmas!
(And Laureen [227] brought me a whole bunch of samples of a protein drink that I think is going to do me a lot of good. Thank you, Laureen!)

It was wonderful to meet everybody! Hugs all around!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
my friend Kathy, who came [no cat at present] thanked me again for inviting her - she said she had a wonderful time! she got the recipe for the chicken [takes 2 days to prepare] plus Lee's DW packed up some for her to take home! she also packed some eggplant for me to take.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have posted a few photos in another thread, and a link to the rest of them that I hope will work.

Dottie really wanted to come, but she was just beat after a day standing out in the sun, supervising new truck drivers going back and forth, back and forth, back and forth!