Attention contact lens wearers!!!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well this is sure a timely thread! I was just about to make my grocery list and of course this is the solution I use and I'm running low!
Oh and about a month and a half from the date I should change my lenses. I already did that back in May when I had pinkeye! Foo!

I know Opti-free rewetting drops made my eyes burn when I had first started wearing contacs.

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I used that brand you mentioned until they announced the recall on the news back in may. After that I switched to Opti-Free Express "lasting comfort no rub" and oh my goodness.... i LOVE it!!!! It is really gentle on my eyes (i have bad eye allergies & chronic dry eye) and instead of it drying my eyes out after a short amount of time - it keeps them moist all day long. You should give it a try! It is the best solution i've used in a long time!!
Thanks, I will have to give it a try. It's about time for me to get another bottle of solution so I will keep that in mind when I go shopping! I have heard it is a good brand, but it's more expensive then the other stuff. But do you think it is worth it? My eyes do get dry easly and my contacts are uncomfortable sometimes because of it. So, if you think it's a good idea, then I will try out the Opti soluttion!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah i heard about this, but it wasn't well advertised. This was just after my eye doctor was all gung ho about the new stuff when it came out (2 years ago or so).....sheesh.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Isadora44

I guess I inadvertantly solved the need to use contact lens solution by changing to Focus Day & Night contact lenses. I wear them 24/7 for a month, then change them! Only problem is that they're more expensive...
Hmmmmm.....I didn't think it was a good thing to wear them 24/7. Eye doctors have always told me your eyes need to breathe.

Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Here's the company's web site:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....55&highlight=#

I guess we are O.K. because we usually buy them from our optometrist, and the last batch we used started with AB (not ZB).

We've been buying Complete because they use less preservatives... Thanks for posting this... I'm so tired of recalls!
I took my bottle out of the garbage can and checked the numbers from the site you posted the link to. While my batch number started with ZB, the last 4 digits were not a match....so i'm OK.

Originally Posted by emrldsky

Eeesh! I'm sorry to hear that! Hopefully, since you've only been using it a short amount of time, you'll be fine. If you're worried, you could always call your optometrist's office and speak with someone there about your concerns. Good luck!

As far as what I use, I've been using OPTI-FREEÂ[emoji]174[/emoji] RepleniSHÂ[emoji]174[/emoji] since I got my new contact lenses because my eye Dr. said it was the only solution I should use for the new lenses. So far, so good!
Since I had to throw my bottle away, I had to decide on a new solution. That's the exact one I went with...the OPTI FREE Replenish. I went with it because my eyes are very dry and the bottle said the solution helps to keep them moisturized. I've only been using it since Friday night.....so far I've had no problems.

Originally Posted by Breal76

I wear 2 week disposables. I usually keep them in longer though.

I do not use contact solution. Once I put them in, they stay in until it's time to throw them away.

My eye doctor hates me for this, but I have never had a problem. lol.
Again.....not a good thing to do. I remember my eye doctor once told me he wanted me to take them out as soon as I got home from work. I don't do that, but I do take them out every night and clean them. I have disposable lens too. I wear them for a month, then put in a new pair.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wasn't this from a year ago?? Seems like they have had this problem before.

Anyhoo, I stopped using the Moisture Complete about a year ago. I tried the opti-free express, but I'm allergic to it (I would wake up with eye boogers).

So the vision tech told me about Clear Care. You get a new lens holder each purchase and its basically the best protein build up eater IMO.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Wesley's Mom

Thanks, I will have to give it a try. It's about time for me to get another bottle of solution so I will keep that in mind when I go shopping! I have heard it is a good brand, but it's more expensive then the other stuff. But do you think it is worth it? My eyes do get dry easly and my contacts are uncomfortable sometimes because of it. So, if you think it's a good idea, then I will try out the Opti soluttion!
Oh yea!! It's definitely worth it!
I've worn contacts for 10 years now and out of all the solutions i've tried- this one is my favorite. It doesn't irritate my eyes in the least bit and it actually lives up to what it advertises!
It's worth the money! By the way- if you have a Costco membership- you can get it there in a two pack cheaper than at the grocery and the boxes have cupons inside of them as well.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

So the vision tech told me about Clear Care. You get a new lens holder each purchase and its basically the best protein build up eater IMO.
I use this. I switched when the recall happened, because sadly that was my contact solution and it was like the only one that worked.

I love Clear Care though. It is basically hydrogen peroxide (though not the same as the gross brown bottle for your teeth or whatever) and the lens case has some special metal disk thingy that turns the peroxide into saline overnight. Downsides are, if you can't leave your contacts out for 8 hours you can't use it. And it says you don't need it rinse it after (and you can't rinse it with Clear Care) but I do, so I have to buy saline and contact solution.

Anyway, you'll never catch me dead in the wear overnight kind. They are still much more likely to cause eye problems than the regular kind, even if they are better than just sleeping in regular contacts. My mom wore hard lenses for decades and now she can't wear any make-up and has to have glasses because they caused some weird eye thing... I don't want to risk it.

Does anyone use dailies? People always recommend them but it seems like a waste of $ and how much different are they?

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Oh yea!! It's definitely worth it!
I've worn contacts for 10 years now and out of all the solutions i've tried- this one is my favorite. It doesn't irritate my eyes in the least bit and it actually lives up to what it advertises!
It's worth the money! By the way- if you have a Costco membership- you can get it there in a two pack cheaper than at the grocery and the boxes have cupons inside of them as well.
Thanks! I think I will try it!

breal76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Again.....not a good thing to do. I remember my eye doctor once told me he wanted me to take them out as soon as I got home from work.
Don't know how to say this any different.

Not a big deal. More than one eye doctor knows my habits. My contacts are to be worn at all times.

Which is why I sleep with them in.

And yes the other poster is right. I wear day/night contacts.