Attacking my head and face and biting hands

karkel59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She just started doing this...we say "NO" but I was wondering do they make teething toys...she likes biting on my husbands flip flops they are leather

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know I've seen toys labeled as teething toys at petsmart.  I don't have any personal experience with them myself to say if they work or not.  

I'm assuming she attacks in play?  When they do this; redirect them to a toy they can play rough with such as a kickeroo or a stuffed animal.  Try not to let her play with your hands so she won't expect them to be her toy.  You can hiss at her (like her mama would) to say "hey; don't do that!"  I would also end your play session because sometimes even negative attention is attention so they'll go for it.  Good luck!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's a phase you should be able to get through by following the above suggestions. Saying "ouch" or hissing sometimes stops them mid-bite or chew.

We've got a chewer and give him teething toys,, but what has worked best is giving him cardboard boxes and little fur mice to destroy.

skitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have the best luck with ignoring my kitten who likes to attack our faces and hands and whatever she can get a hold of. I know it is super hard to sit still and ignore when your face it getting attacked but she stop when we ignore her but if we push her off she just comes back for more. We have threatened to use the water bottle but we have not used it yet. My step daughter makes a super annoying noise that will stop her in her path but I can't seem to repeat the noise. I know there is hope because my brother's kitten is a a few weeks older than ours and she has settled down some. 

It does not help that Pixie was 3.5 weeks and was handfed by us, she is still super sweet, dont get me wrong but man she is ROUGH.