Atopica Dosing Question

angie_stargazer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there! My fur baby Luna was prescribed Atopica today for her excessive lesions, hair loss, and incessant licking/pulling on her fur. I may have the dumbest question here...

The vet prescribed a .3mL dose.
The syringe has lbs listed on it.
My cat is 12 lbs.
Each 1 lb increment is .03mL.

So is it correct that I pull the syringe out to the 10lb level for the correct .3mL dose that was prescribed?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi!
Can you double-check with your vet about this as to whether s/he meant per pound or just .3 ml?
Personally, I'm thinking no, that you'd just fill the syringe for one .3 ml dose, and not by pounds but I could be wrong.

inna-catmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there! My fur baby Luna was prescribed Atopica today for her excessive lesions, hair loss, and incessant licking/pulling on her fur. I may have the dumbest question here...

The vet prescribed a .3mL dose.
The syringe has lbs listed on it.
My cat is 12 lbs.
Each 1 lb increment is .03mL.

So is it correct that I pull the syringe out to the 10lb level for the correct .3mL dose that was prescribed?
My cat is 13 lbs on liquid Atopica and I pull the syringe up to 13 lbs. We are now on every other day after 6 weeks of every day. I would call or email the vet just to double check

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
inna-catmom inna-catmom Since this thread is over two years old you may not get a reply from the O.P. but thanks for the suggestion. :thanks: