At what point do you intervene when kitties scuffle?

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tarasgirl06

Never fear -- JoJo, The Evil Glowy-Eyed Kitty of Portland, will protect you from her safe vantage point within the domicile!
And I hope they have brand-new stock of Chunky Monkey for your pleasure.

Yeowch!
That WOULD hoit.
I have one of those bookcases, too. My ex put it together for me. He labored, I gained. Just the way it should be, eh?

Oh yeah, it's entirely possible to get hurt in a library. Headaches from all that knowledge! Or, think about -- stacks of books!
OH NO!
My municipal library has the distinction of having a world-famous CAT ROOM devoted entirely to -- you guessed it! -- all things feline.
You can't take 'em out, but you can read 'em there.
I can't wait to see which ones I have and which ones I have to acquire. I love this place! It has TNR as a municipal policy, too!!! How wonderful is THAT!

Well, I've done the diet thang and actually I'm really glad I did. But in small controlled doses (!) ice cream can be a healing balm.
Right?
RIGHT!
I've returned from 7-11... am sucking down my slurpee as I type (I'm a multi-tasker!! woohoo!!) the ice cream is in the freezer... they didn't have Chunky Monkey... considered Banana Split, but opted (strangely enough) for Willie Nelson's Peach Cobbler... another B&J creation. Funny thing about this is that growing up, I hated peaches and anything made with them... now, I'm starting to like stuff made with them... haven't gotten into eating them fresh... yet.

My injury at the library entails those metal bookends, two stuck together, unsticking and the metal slicing a knuckle. Yeah... blood and LOTS of it... hit a blood vessel. Wasn't [pretty... and if it had been one finger over, i'd have been flipping people off for a week because it was in a splint. Fortunately it was my index finger, not the middle one...

But i digress... the slurpee is making me shiver... so I'm gonna go put a sweatshirt on and bury myself under the mounds of throw blankets on the couch... all while still drinking my slurpee... I'm a glutton for punishment, really.

Hijack #2 over... b-b-b-b-rrrrrr.

Amanda

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a lot more fun that way (undercover slurpee sipping)!!!
And yeah, hear ya on peach stuff.
I did the same thing. I still get creeped out by the fuzz, but as long as that's gone, the peach is history!
And yes, I like fresh ones. Yellow ones, white ones, I love 'em all! And Willie Nelson is a great guy so, anything connected with him has gotta be all right with me.

Yeowwwwch!
You couldn't be as clumsy as I am, could ya?
I'm pretty much covered in scars and bruises and pretty much impervious to it all...and yes, if an accident CAN happen, chances are, it WILL!
ARRRGH! Better have JoJo watch out for you -- you sound like your own worst enemy accident-wise, just like me!
Right now Calo and Seesh are "spotting" for me, and being big helps (Calo is sacked out on the weight bench, eyes closed
; Seesh is next to my IKEA bookcase, eyes also closed.
Good help IS hard to find!
)

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use "DAT" on my dogs all the time. And the shelter dogs. "No" is too often used in human conversations & IMO confuses the animal, so I avoid using it....I tend to make up odd words or throw together syllables for commands. Yes, I'm weird.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heidi, you should perhaps consider a cat behaviorist.Drop me a note and I will recommend one if you like. I only intervene when they start rabbit kicking. Other than that, I leave them alone.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I let them be unless Summer makes a hurt noise. Chevy bites a lot harder now I believe. I've thrown towels over them at times (when one is nearby) or just break it up. That usually works, but occasionally Chevy will occasionally try and continue by stalking and pouncing on her when she's clearly saying no walking away, ears back. I put him in a time out for a few minutes to calm down. He'll just keep doing it if I don't separate them. He's gotten better though....