At Our Wits End With Urine Marking

bengaldude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We're completely out of ideas.

My wife and I have tried everything with our 11-year old bengal, Draper. Enzyme cleaners, moving the litter box, adding litter boxes, multiple types of litter, feliway diffusers, and even have him on fluoxetine to reduce his stress. And nothing seems to work.

He started about a year ago when my daughter started walking, though I'm not 100% sure that's what started it. Before that, he never had a single accident. Now he's still going in the basement despite the fact that we replaced our carpet down there (because of him) and now he's going on our steps, too. We've literally spent thousands of dollars trying to correct the issue.

It kills me to even think of re-homing him, but I'm worried that the stress of having our toddler around (and we're expecting in January) is just too much for him to overcome. Any ideas - conventional and otherwise - would be really really appreciated.

Thanks all.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard that Bengals are somewhat more inclined to spray than other breeds. Try contacting the breeder. He/she may have some suggestions about what has worked with his family members.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bengaldude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Both our bengals were rescues.