At least I'm consistent...

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are some movie scores that tend to give me chills, sometimes it's just one or two bars in a piece that moves me. I watched San Andreas a while back and there is one part in one of the peices that just "feels good"
Then just today, Jurassic World was on TV and again, there were a few bars in that movie that moved me, but it sounded familiar so I went looking.

Listen at 1:15 to 1:23

Listen at 55:12 to 55:24

Not EXACTLY the same, but pretty darn close! At least I'm consistent with my tastes!!! LOL!

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
The music from Dead Calm really moves me. When Rae holds out her hand for John to take and she pulls him from the water..

and from Platoon

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a story by Spider Robinson named "Melancholy Elephants" (Melancholy Elephants - Wikipedia) about the elderly widow of a famous composer who visits a senator, to ask him to kill a bill that would establish a permanent copyright, so that things could never enter the public domain once they've been copyrighted. And the reason she opposes the bill (even though it would benefit her financially) is that even with the current copyright laws her husband had been unable to publish many of his best compositions because of some resemblance to existing music that was already under copyright. If I recall correctly, Spider dedicated the story to Virginia Heinlein, the widow of Robert Heinlein.

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG Margret Margret , I just read your signature! TOO FUNNY!

They could never completely copyright chord composition or music arrangements, or music would be officially over. ALL music has at least some sort of similarity to another song at some point.
Ever seen the comedy trio Axis of Awesome? This speaks only of pop songs but it still makes you think.

I posted the link, then watched and realized there are swear words in the beginning...sorry

search Axis of Awesome, 4 Chord songs. It's funny.

.......I'm still laughing at your signature! lol! :lol:

Last edited:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG Margret Margret , I just read your signature! TOO FUNNY!
I got it from a button, and I got it wrong :paperbag:. It should say "Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." It's a parody of a quote from The Lord of the Rings: "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger."

The other button I've seen that parodies that quote is about filk, the living folk music tradition that's practiced by science fiction fans, which tends to involve a lot of parody: "Do not meddle in the affairs of filkers, for your name is unusual and scans to Greensleeves."

Margret

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem