At just after 2:00 last night...

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
libby74;2978172 said:
That happened to us just after our daughter started dating her latest soul-mate. About 10 pm the phone rang, I answered and a guy asked for my DH by name. I handed him the phone--he said 'hello', got a funny look on his face, and handed the phone back to me. I asked him what was going on; he said he guy on the phone said, "oh, wrong number" and hung up. Now, how can it be a wrong number when he speciifically asked for DH by name? Really creeped us both out.

Ok that's weird!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My4LLMA;2978468 said:
Originally Posted by libby74

That happened to us just after our daughter started dating her latest soul-mate. About 10 pm the phone rang, I answered and a guy asked for my DH by name. I handed him the phone--he said 'hello', got a funny look on his face, and handed the phone back to me. I asked him what was going on; he said he guy on the phone said, "oh, wrong number" and hung up. Now, how can it be a wrong number when he speciifically asked for DH by name? Really creeped us both out.

Ok that's weird!
Indeed. It's also weird that for several nights in a row, the gate near out back door and the gate near the alley were both left open. They were closed when I checked them before bed, but 1 would be standing open when I got up the next morning. Totally freaked me out.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
libby74;2978628 said:
Originally Posted by My4LLMA

Indeed. It's also weird that for several nights in a row, the gate near out back door and the gate near the alley were both left open. They were closed when I checked them before bed, but 1 would be standing open when I got up the next morning. Totally freaked me out.
Do you have sensor lights, where you could see if someone is out at the gate?

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My4LLMA;2978633 said:
Originally Posted by libby74

Do you have sensor lights, where you could see if someone is out at the gate?
We have a sensor light at the garage; I can't imagine looking out and seeing someone looking back at me! I started locking the gate near the back door, tho. Not feeling safe in your own home is just not a good feeling.

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow. I just found this thread, and it's freaky! Hope everyone is recovering from the flu.

Reminds me of the time I was babysitting when I was 15. It was late, kids were in bed, and I noticed a magazine lying upside down on the coffee table. It was "Hustler", and since I was a very curious 15-year-old I began to leaf through it (OMG!!!) when the front door inexplicably opened. Old house, big heavy front door. Scared the crap out of me, but my first thought was how to explain to the parents (who I figured were coming in) why I was looking at this mag. But no parents materialized, at least not for the next few hours, and I could never figure out why the heck that door came open.

I still shiver thinking about it.