At A Lost! Don't Want My Cat To Become One!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tab

i have no advice but i wanted to send healing to your precious maizy. what a scary, horrible time for you all.

i truly hope that things improve for maizy really quickly.
adding my healing & , as well!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope the new meds work - I have never heard of Metacam doing that, and as I said, it is licenced for cats in the UK now.

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope this new treatment works. Sending prayers and for Maizy.

2furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sending prayers your way... please give us an update when you can.

re: Metacam - it has been my experience that in very small doses, for a short period of time, it should be ok. My kitty has been on it a couple of times and the amount I was told to give him was so minute it was just enough to wet the roof of his mouth

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jjames0963

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
**Last Update**

This morning we had to put Maizy to sleep. Her condition continued to detoriate since beginning the Procrit procedure on Saturday, going from mainly immobile, to completly immobile, to seizures. We took her in this morning and our vet said there was no easy or remotely guaranteed way to bring her back. Even if we could, he warned that she would probably live only til 2 or 3 years old, and it would be a hard life.

So, with alot of tears, we decided to take Maizy away from her suffering. After seeing what we saw last night, with the seizures, it was truly time. After getting her home, I built a nice little wooden casket, and buried her at her favorite sitting spot in the yard. I'm very sad she could only live a year, but truly believe this was the only way to end the suffering.

I thank you all one last time, and believe me, all of your thoughts, prayers, kind words, and advice meant so much. Thank you again.

Justin and Mandi

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm so sorry. take comfort that maizy is free from suffering now and that is because you unselfishly helped her on her way.

my thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

RIP precious maizy.