Asthma?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^Do you take anything other than an inhaler? The other meds commonly used to treat asthma - steroid inhalers, singular, and allergies meds like allegra could probably really help. You must tell your doctor that your rescue inhaler bothers you. For some prone to tachycardia or other arrhythmias they can be a bit dangerous and an alternative should be found if there is one.

chadsgirl374

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Both my father and sister were born with asthma. It sounds like what you have (according to your description). Once you are disgnosed, they will do testing to see what triggers your episodes. With my dad, it is dust, cats and birds; my sister's triggers are birds (this is a major one), dogs and cats.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was diagnosed with Asthma at the age of 2, and I've had it ever since. It seems to have gotten milder each year, as so far I haven't had to use my inhaler at night time (the worst time that I get wheezy!
)

I'm hoping now that it is a sign of improvement.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH was diagnosed at age 8. When I met him around 8 years ago he was only using an albuteral inhaler. His asthma was not under control and I could easily see and hear that. I harassed him into going to a better doctor who basically backed up what I already knew - he needed better treatment to prevent scaring.

Please, everyone, make sure you're getting thorough treatment for your asthma. Don't put off going to the doctor for check ups or asking your doctor questions.
...Which reminds me, DH's due for a check up and needs to asks about some blood tests..