Asthma and something more

blueandpink .

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! I hope everyone is having a wonderful start of this new year.
My lovely and 9y/o cat was diagnosed with asthma and pneumonia (the last one without symptoms) he is now with medication, and after we finish that step for his early pneumonia the vet is going to treat him for his asthma.
The thing is ... he is not well, I know I may sound crazy but I know my cat, he doesn't seem himself, always laying around and not cleaning himself as much like he used to, acting very *very* moody and above all is constantly desperate for eat. Like obsessively.
I took him to other vets but all of them tell me the same, he is stable now and we have to wait.
Any ideas whatsoever for what is happening to him?
Thanks

Twylasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Did the behavior changes start with the medications, or before?

Did your vet do any blood work? That could show any underlying issues like hyperthyroidism or diabetes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueandpink .

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Did your vet do any blood work? That could show any underlying issues like hyperthyroidism or diabetes.
Nop the three that I went only did ecos and xray.
Today I'm going to take him to the vet again (he's breathing with difficulty since he woke up) and ask about the blood test.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueandpink .

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh and I'm sorry I forgot the first question, in the middle, some changes before and some (the mood, hunger which I know meds can provoke him that but it's excessive) after
Thank you for answering

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like he's still sick. I think he needs to get back to the vet for another check up and a change in meds. They should probably put him on steroids to help with the breathing and an antibioitc. I would suggest you research on this site Convenia (an antibiotic shot) before you take him to the vet.