Assassin bug bite

jgauldin22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat was messing with an assassin bug, he may have gotten bit in the mouth. He started doing unusual mouth motions. Will he be ok?? Any input would be great!
EB95FD6C-477B-432E-8DEC-82FB78370870.jpeg

Black Cats Abundant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat was messing with an assassin bug, he may have gotten bit in the mouth. He started doing unusual mouth motions. Will he be ok?? Any input would be great!View attachment 355571
I would spend no time asking people on here, especially considering how long it’s been since you posted this and had no replies. Please bring your cat to the vet immediately- since he acted like his mouth was in pain, I would bring him to the vet quickly. I have no idea if the Assassin bug can hurt a cat but when you see a cat in pain after watching him mess around with one I wouldn’t waste time and bring him to the vet to make sure he’s ok 👍

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Go to the vet. Are we talking about the same bug that can transmit Chagas disease? Are cat susceptible?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jgauldin22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would spend no time asking people on here, especially considering how long it’s been since you posted this and had no replies. Please bring your cat to the vet immediately- since he acted like his mouth was in pain, I would bring him to the vet quickly. I have no idea if the Assassin bug can hurt a cat but when you see a cat in pain after watching him mess around with one I wouldn’t waste time and bring him to the vet to make sure he’s ok 👍
Thank you! We are going to get him checked out!