Asking Neighbors For Their Outdoor Cat

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That is great news! Does your vet still recommend keeping her separated from your cats?

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congratulations to you all! I am so glad you have her. She is so pretty. I hope you will update us on how the three cats get along. I have 3 cats, integrating them all took some time but, I finally have my peaceful kingdom. It is great and I am sure you will be so happy you took Skye in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is our solution for now to try and curb her carpet ripping. Cutting mats from walmart and duct tape! I hope it lasts because if it doesn't she' has to live 2/3 of her day to in a cat playpen. Skye has been keeping my bf up at night and he can't function like that any longer.

On another note she seems to really like the food we're feeding her. High quality canned and raw!

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try wearing her out before bedtime by playing with her with a wand toy for about 30 minutes.

She should do better when she can be with the other cats in the whole apartment full-time.

Hang in there! :)

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try wearing her out before bedtime by playing with her with a wand toy for about 30 minutes.

She should do better when she can be with the other cats in the whole apartment full-time.

Hang in there! :)
When grace was a kitten this is what I used to do ! Play for half hour min then she’d sleep

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes my bf wants to keep her still so she is joining the family! This is the best christmas present we could get! We have been really agonizing over this.

She's quite outgoing and is happily exploring without being skittish. My 2 boy kitties want to get to know her but unsurprisingly she's not having any of that right now. Yes i know that's not proper intros but i believe everything will turn out fine. I'll post some pics of them later when they all get along.

Attachments

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes we plan on doing "proper introductions," but our cats have different ideas lol. The last feral kitten I took in was in a room by herself with the door closed and a baby gate installed on the outside of the closed door. Cupcake was still recovering from spay surgery a few days prior, but somehow managed to pry the door open with her paw and jump that baby gate and made her way downstairs to a living room chair. She was tiny, female, and very scared and my other four cats never bothered her, and her big brother from an earlier litter immediately adopted her. So she kind of fell into the deep end of the pool with introductions. Sometimes it works out that way ☺

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
window.JPG
her big brother from an earlier litter immediately adopted her.
msaimee msaimee I love that picture you paint...can directly relate...Bug immediately took to Princess when brought in. Don't know for sure, but believe they are somehow closely related. She fully integrated into household in no time, with help of the Bug. So good to witness, from their viewpoint, you know that they feel secure, important to integration. They are basically inseparable, which I don't dissuade at all.

There are times their feral tendencies are obvious, they want to be left alone, untouched. After their outdoor, starving experiences, i yield to their wishes and leave them be. Admittedly, other times I spoil them rotten, too. they deserve no less.

Last edited: