Asking for help in paying off emergency vet bills for two rescued cats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for asking.  I am taking somewhat of a break from TCS because of being so busy right now, but I drop in every few days.  It is so easy for me to get hooked in here and spend hours, and I should be spending those hours with the feral kittens, domesticating them. 

I did not quite reach my goal on the fundraiser and will be continue paying $50 a month towards the remaining balance.   The fundraiser is still up but I have not been sharing it so there is no recent activity.   I am trying to sell more on eBay but sales drop between Thanksgiving and Christmas usually.  I do have the added expense of caring for the five extras in my study.  All were vaccinated and wormed of course, and the kittens went through a growth spurt and ate me out of house and home for a month.  The black boy is neutered now and two of the girls are spayed.  I still have the two boy kittens to neuter, but at least I am sure there will be no accidental litters conceived in the rescue room now!  The dilute calico is completely tame and loving, and although she will be timid in a new place, she loves being petted, purrs, climbs in my lap, and should bond with her forever family when one comes along.  I have ads up on Petfinder and Adopt-A-Pet but no inquiries at all yet.  The little dilute tortie is FINALLY coming around, but the only way to tame her has been to keep her crated so I can pet her because otherwise she still bolts.  Both boys still bolt and are big enough now that they are impossible to catch except by using a giant net, which upsets them.  They will play and come around and come close when I feed but they do not want to be touched.  They too will have to be crated eventually, which I will do right after they are neutered, which will probably not be until sometime after Christmas unless I have some huge eBay sales and even then, I would want to put that money toward my main vet bill.  I was hoping to have it all paid off my 2017 but am not so sure now.  At least I am making progress -- which of course backslides every time I have another vet expense, but the "over 90 days" amount keeps going down.

The CAR problem is totally fixed.  It's an old car so will continue to need maintenance, but the overheating caused by the head gasket seal leak was totally fixed using the Steel Seal Deluxe that my mechanicdid for me..  He has now used it on at least 6 other cars and it has worked for every one of them.  Fingers crossed that nothing huge comes up again soon. 

Christmas always throws a monkey wrench into my life even though I don't do much for it.  I bake and ship stuff to my family (none of whom are local) and then feel guilty that I can't do more.  Everyone has parties on the same weekends and I miss most of them too.  My old blind cat is getting more senile and I'm not sure how much longer he will enjoy life, so that decision is kind of hanging over my head.  He has done well with his blindness for the past year, but now he seems to bump into things and to even get lost in the bedroom sometimes.  He used to know his way around the entire house with no problem.  He has lived here over 12 years.  His greatest pleasure has been lying in the sun outside in the fenced yard (we had a very long and warm fall) but cold weather is on our doorstep and he won't be able to do that for awhile. 

My health is good and for that I'm grateful.  Still making extra money by helping a few folks with yard work, and glad to be able to do that at age 72. 

Well, I hear what sounds like a rusty hinge creaking which means my 17-year-old cat wants something -- most likely food -- so I need to get off TCS again.  Hope you are doing well too!