As of tonight......

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow - hope this can be contained soon. I didn't know Montana was in trouble - they just mention about California, Nevada fires! First we in Minnesota have the bridge collapse and still working on getting people out of the river, then hear about your state.

Our prayers are with you and your family. Hope you don't have to evacuate - but make sure you have carriers ready!

moonlights mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's horrible... I knew Montana was in bad shape, but I didn't know it had gotten this bad! That must really stink... having runny eyes and everything. How do you even get to the grocery store? It sounds like normal day living for you is a risk.

Vibes and prayers to you, your animals and everyone else out there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bijou's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well....... so far the fires are far enough away from Kalispell that we haven't been told to do anything but stay indoors out of the smoke. I keep checking the updates, and they really are alarming. The wind changed direction a bit last night, so the smoke is a bit better right now.....until it switches back. Which it WILL. It has been going back and forth for days. The worst part about all of this is we have been getting alot of lightning storms with no rain, so it keeps sparking up new fires. It's just too much and we don't have enough manpower to get them under control. They have been pulling firefighters off of some of the fires because they are to huge and hot for the firefighters to even be in the area. One of the nearest fires is in a place called Star Meadows, and it is now mandatory for people to evacuate that area. So everyone is hustling to get all of the livestock and other animals out of there. Unfortunately, 40 head of cattle have been lost so far. Some people are going to stay behind and try to save their houses. My parents are still ok. The fires are still a good distance from their house- Dad says that he is sure that the fires won't reach Lost Prairie. Good thing, because if it did, I think all would be lost. We constantly check the fire link, which is updated almost hourly. I feel so bad for all of the people that have already lost their homes. And the ranchers are especially worried because they have already cut and baled the hay for their winter food supply. If all that hay burns, what are the cattle going to eat in a harsh Montana winter? I hope and pray that the fires don't reach us. Kalispell hasn't ever had a forest fire reach it....but I guess there is always a first time. Thanks for all of the kind thoughts and prayers......Montana definitely needs them right now. I'll keep everyone updated.

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A friend took this pic while we were out and about on Saturday!

and this was this morning, outside Dani's window. Thirty seconds earlier and I'd have captured half a disc, as it was just rising over the mountain that you can't see for the smoke.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow thats scary. My family has a vacation house in florida and sometimes there are forest fires nearby, and you can see and smell smoke. I don't think I would want to live in a place where forest fires were that common. I'd be too nervous. I really hope thier able to get the fires contained soon.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have there been any improvements? I hope everyone is doing well