As I opened up my blinds....I was hit in the face with CUTENESS!!

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard of yellow ducklings, but usually they are targeted by predators and sometimes rejected by the parents because they stand out and the other ducklings are put in danger. I hope it survives!

It may look like this as an adult, this is a white Mallard. Looks like the Aflac duck!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10

So very cute!

The one yellow one is probably do to how genetics work... I remember a little from high school AP Bio where we made these squares (I wanna say they're called Punnet Squares? Anyone know? lol) to predict all of the possible outcomes for the offspring of 2 parents... the yellow gene may be a double recessive (ie: the baby must get that specific gene from both mommy and daddy to turn out that color and not just one or the other) Maybe that will be the one to turn out as the beautiful swan! hehe
That is strange that they have a yellow one. In our experience the white ones are usually white

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ooomisseooo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

That is cute - but looks like momma duck was fooling around with someone other then daddy duck!
Man I have seen the dirty ***** with many men of the pond!

ooomisseooo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by keith p

I've heard of yellow ducklings, but usually they are targeted by predators and sometimes rejected by the parents because they stand out and the other ducklings are put in danger. I hope it survives!

It may look like this as an adult, this is a white Mallard. Looks like the Aflac duck!
OH wow thx for that bit of info! Actually, I was wondering the same thing because his/her tail feathers were white. We need another "aflac" duck in our pond. Snowy, who is our oldest but only white mallard doesn't look well. I have been told she is pushing 9 years old.

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The momma duck must have gotten an egg from another duck there is no way the little yellow one came from her. It could be the white duck in the ponds baby. They are adorable.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lindsey88

The momma duck must have gotten an egg from another duck there is no way the little yellow one came from her. It could be the white duck in the ponds baby. They are adorable.
I'm sure that's the story she told to daddy duck....you think she was gonna tell him she was cheating on him?????

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I'm sure that's the story she told to daddy duck....you think she was gonna tell him she was cheating on him?????
Gee, maybe you could get Maury Povich's show to find out who the daddy is?

Cute little quackers...

ooomisseooo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Gee, maybe you could get Maury Povich's show to find out who the daddy is?

Cute little quackers...
HEHE...the lil yellow one reminds me of a "peep"...in fact when those lil guys speak they say "peep peep peep"....it's sooooo cute!!!!!!

ooomisseooo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sad to say....since starting at 7 ducklings there are only 2 left. My fav, the yellow one, was sucked under by a carp this morning.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by oOoMissEoOo

Sad to say....since starting at 7 ducklings there are only 2 left. My fav, the yellow one, was sucked under by a carp this morning.
Thats so sad

They were all darlings

We currently have little baby geese around our apartment building now, they are seriously so adorable & FLUFFY! I'll have to try & get some pictures

ooomisseooo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Thats so sad

They were all darlings

We currently have little baby geese around our apartment building now, they are seriously so adorable & FLUFFY! I'll have to try & get some pictures
Oooh please do!!!