Artie and his Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just want to say that reading through this thread has given me some hope! I'm going through similar issues with my kitty, going on 6 months of struggles now. We've hit many of the same highs and lows that you and Artie have and we're at a low right now. Her primary vet thinks its lymphoma and that we might not be seeing very many "good days" from here. But seeing Artie go through this and doing so well gives me hope that maybe we'll be ok. Right now the sound of a cat eating and the smell of fresh Ruby poop are the two things that most fill my heart with joy!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

We are waiting for Poops, today!!! He has eaten fairly well,,, not great, but ok.... now the poops... He is really getting feisty about his meds.. moving his head, keeping him jaw clamped shut, putting his right paw up to push away the syringe... 

He usually opens up his mouth when I touch it with the syringe.. now he has had enough... sometimes I wonder if he is getting all of his cisapride...

he needs to poop!    10.51 lbs this morning...
Is it possible he's getting stronger from feeling a little better and that's why he's getting feisty about his meds?  Just trying to think of a reason for his behavior.  Now poop, Artie, poop, poop, poop! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I just want to say that reading through this thread has given me some hope! I'm going through similar issues with my kitty, going on 6 months of struggles now. We've hit many of the same highs and lows that you and Artie have and we're at a low right now. Her primary vet thinks its lymphoma and that we might not be seeing very many "good days" from here. But seeing Artie go through this and doing so well gives me hope that maybe we'll be ok. Right now the sound of a cat eating and the smell of fresh Ruby poop are the two things that most fill my heart with joy!
Oh RuBear, I am so sorry you are gong through all of this.. and for 6 months.. (((hugs))).... My heart goes out to you. I would not wish this game onto anyone.. 

What you said about this thread giving you some hope, well, it filled my heart with love, and joy.. I have, at many times, felt so hopeless. The members/friends here, have always lifted me up, and been positive about what I have been doing and trying...

I do not want to go into details and suggest things because I am certain you have tried all of them.. If you need anything at all, that I can provide or help you with, please let me know.. either on here or PM me...

(((Hugs)))))

Is it possible he's getting stronger from feeling a little better and that's why he's getting feisty about his meds?  Just trying to think of a reason for his behavior.  Now poop, Artie, poop, poop, poop! 
Yes, I think he is feeling stronger.. He did not cuddle in bed for a couple days.. He did cuddle early this morning.. He ate all his food last night.. very strange since it was about a 1/2 of a large can... but he did not POOP at all YESTERDAY!!  I am going to increase his lactulose a bit more today.. it is strange that he did not poop...but he did 'do' a lot the day before...  sigh...

Ok.. one week from today is the N Vet... even if I have to drive in a snowstorm, we are going!!

Artie needs to poop!!! rally bad...

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
King Artie!  He's looking VERY well, especially in the third pic where he's standing tall!  From what you say, he seems to be doing very well.  And yes, I agree with others that missing a day isn't cause for worry.  You seem to have a winning regimen going.  
  Happy Valentine's Day to you both! 

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Happy Heart Day to you both!  I know you want poop every day, and why you worry when it isn't forthcoming, but...HE HAS ZOOMIES!  That means that he's feeling frisky and enjoying life!  This is a good thing!  Maybe every other day is his actual norm!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Artie needs to give me a Valentines Gift------as in his litter box   ............  nothing yet!!!  getting concerned

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Ok.. one week from today is the N Vet... even if I have to drive in a snowstorm, we are going!!
One more week, Artie
You can make it! See? Time flies by when you're making Mom happy with poop and a good appetite and zoomies

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes. Still no poops. Getting very concerned. Two days. Frightening.

tiptopper

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You played with him this morning and he didn't seem uncomfortable did he? Wait until morning -he may surprise you in the middle of the night. Keeping positive thoughts for Artie.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, we did play.. but he turns so quickly.... and he has not eaten much.. he tried to poop, but couldn't..and he tried very hard to poop--nothing came out....

he has not eaten anything this afternoon and tonight...

seems like the roller coaster is beginning again... just when I thought positively about something...

finger crossed for tonight..

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Did not sleep well last night. Do not know if it is worry about Artie or a sugar overload, or fighting a virus....felt hot, and could not allow my mind to sleep..I am really tired this morning... if it makes any sense---head tired.. body is not.. achey from sitting around a lot...

Artie did try to poop during the night. I heard him, but nothing in litter box...sigh...

He ate 1/2 of a large can during the night..

He had the zoomies really strongly, as soon as I got up.. I have not seen that for  many, many, many months...and he was really mouthing off at me this morning..

And Artie is really fighting the meds.. he is ok with the meds but when it comes to the syringe of water with miralax, he is pushing it away, moving his head, shutting his mouth, just making a mess of it.....

at this point, I do not know how much he is getting in the course of the day.. sigh

I want poop... I do not want to have to take him to the R Vet... I upped his lactulose to 2 cc last night.. 1 3/4 in morning...sigh

Today I plan on leaving early for noon Mass, go to the hairdressers--need it so badly, and picking up a few things at Trader Joes...

I will not be home for a large part of the day. I hope I come back to a present.. if not, then I have to call the R Vet for an appointment for tomorrow...sigh...

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Did not sleep well last night. Do not know if it is worry about Artie or a sugar overload, or fighting a virus....felt hot, and could not allow my mind to sleep..I am really tired this morning... if it makes any sense---head tired.. body is not.. achey from sitting around a lot...

Artie did try to poop during the night. I heard him, but nothing in litter box...sigh...

He ate 1/2 of a large can during the night..

He had the zoomies really strongly, as soon as I got up.. I have not seen that for  many, many, many months...and he was really mouthing off at me this morning..

And Artie is really fighting the meds.. he is ok with the meds but when it comes to the syringe of water with miralax, he is pushing it away, moving his head, shutting his mouth, just making a mess of it.....

at this point, I do not know how much he is getting in the course of the day.. sigh

I want poop... I do not want to have to take him to the R Vet... I upped his lactulose to 2 cc last night.. 1 3/4 in morning...sigh

Today I plan on leaving early for noon Mass, go to the hairdressers--need it so badly, and picking up a few things at Trader Joes...

I will not be home for a large part of the day. I hope I come back to a present.. if not, then I have to call the R Vet for an appointment for tomorrow...sigh...
It's probably all of those reasons for lack of sleep.  

Unfortunately this roller coaster is your life now with Sweet Artie.  He'll give you a present soon, I have faith.

It sounds like you need a day out, Mass, hairdresser and a stop at Trader Joes sounds like it's much needed.  Take care of yourself.  Keep yourself in a routine and Artie will get into a routine.

From what you say, he's eating pretty well, that's the most important, gaining back those lost pounds, as all things do eventually - it will come out.

You're doing a terrific job taking care of your sweet boy.  I've said this before, don't sell yourself short, you love Artie soooooo much and he knows it.

I love that he's fighting off the meds a bit.  I would take it as a sign he's standing his ground and feels he doesn't need it.  It's when they lay down in front of us and demand the meds is whats scary.

Enjoy the day.  Get in your car, put on music, sing out loud and enjoy your short time of freedom.

Artie isn't going anywhere, it's just a new way of life.

BIG HUGS - xoxohope

Status
Not open for further replies.