Artie and his Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not know what to say.. how to say it.. it has been a horrible day..
Tears streaming down my face.. as I type..

As of this afternoon, after 2pm, Artie joined all our other loved babies at the Rainbow Bridge.

There was really no other option, save an colectomy-- removing his entire large colon..

He was in pain. He was suffering.. He was hiding from me.. He hated his food, he hid from me because of the meds.. He was not happy.. He could not have a bowel movement.. he was in pain-- trying his best to hide it from me... my love..

He spent his last morning, eating his favorite Fancy Feast-- like a little piggy.. hiding in his tent, and pacing through out the apartment. He was in pain..
He was suffering..

My soul-mate cat.. my soul cat.. my love..
My courageous little man.. Who seemed to be able to conquer everything.. and bounce back..

Alas, it was not to be..

Artie was a fighter to the end.. never closed his eyes.. Dr Brum tried to close them-- he refused.. My cousin, who was with me, tried to close them-- he refused.. My strong soldier... My love..

I am so fortunate; Artie and then DR Brum, Jen, and my cousin and his wife--who accompanied me to Angell Memorial, for the last good-bye.; all of my friends here-- Artie's Army... thank you...

My cousin was a huge surprise.. he insisted he drive.. I am blessed. He insisted-- as he said. "We are family. We know what this is like. We have been through this."..
I Have been and perhaps do not completely realize how blessed I have been.

Artie, my love bug; my monkey man, my mon-chi-chi, my love, my brat, My bamboo-ba...

He was strong up to the end.. but it was obvious.. he was in constant pain..

@Anne and moderators; could you please indulge me, and keep this thread open for a while longer;-- so that I may be able to thank each and every one of "Artie's Army" for all their thoughts, prayers, support, and love...
Please..

I need to have it open for a bit longer, before I am able to physically post on the 'Bridge' Thread...

Thank you all for all your support and love..

Right now, I am physically, emotionally, spiritually exhausted.. completely overwhelmed..

yes, half a box of tissues are gone.
As NVet told me: I should have no regrets. NVEt could not have done what I have done; especially for so long.. he freely admitted this to me.. several times.. He said it was the Right thing to do...and at the right time..

I love you, Artie.. Be Happy.. Be at Peace..
Painfree, medicine free.. free to love and roam.. and find new friends..

I will always love you; carrying you in my heart forever.. my lovebug...

IMG_0148.JPG

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0242.JPG
IMG_0753.jpg

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You did everything you could for Artie. Sometimes all the time and money in the world are not enough to fix things.

You made a very difficult decision to say goodbye because you love Artie and did not want him to suffer. No one is ever ready to say goodbye.

I share tears with you and am sending you hugs. Artie will always be present in your heart and in the memories you share together.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I felt a punch in my stomach and I hoped I was dreaming and that it was a nightmare (it's 11:45 pm here).

No, it is true, I can't believe it.
Artie was one of us, one of our cats, I started following his issues as soon as I joined this website. He was the forum as I knew it, since the beginning.

Artie, you have proved to be the most valiant fighter, the bravest warrior of them all. It is not fair, not you, you would have deserved a forever life along with your brave and strong Mom.

RIP Artie, you were the soul of TCS, nothing will be ever the same now.

RIP wonderful ginger angel, now I understand who that brigh star in the sky was a few minutes ago. Your light will shine on us forever and will guide us to the place where one day we'll all be happy again.

Stay close to your Mom, do not ever leave her alone. Let her feel you're there, cuddle with her at night, she still needs you.

You will be missed by hundreds, it's like each of us has lost a friend today... :bawling:

Cindy, you have been an example for us all. You fought like no-one did before. You went where nobody else dared to. You never let him down, nothing could stop you, not the weather, the traffic. You've been an amazing Mom, Artie could not have asked for anyone better than you, he loved you to bits, and you returned that love likewise.
You did what you did out of love, nothing could have saved Artie now. He knows that you did it for his own good, he's not mad at you, he loves you, he will always love you.

Let me send you the biggest hug I can, I'm so sorry!

Last edited:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Sweet Artie... he was so well-loved by not only you, artiemom artiemom , but by the entire TCS family. You were such an amazing human for Artie, and I’m sure he felt that love and care each and every day. Every time you posted a picture of handsome Artie, it brought a smile to my face. He will be missed very much by all of us.

I’ll never forget you, Artie. :rbheart:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of the members of Artie's Army have our hearts on the ground for you, Cindy. How many, many, many times have I been in that place where you are now! And how many times have I known, as you do and will, that it is not for them we weep, but for ourselves, because we cannot endure being without them in their physical forms. For them, we know they are free! Free of pain, free of suffering, free of physical structures that do not work right, that are so much less than their great souls, which are eternal and which we will never be parted from. I am not Christian but I have read a couple of versions of the Christian Bible, and one of my favorite scriptures is the one that talks about the sparrows. You must know it, Cindy. And we know it is true, that our Beloved Creator marks every one who falls, and regards every one more than we can ever know. We know that we are promised something far, far greater than the very best we could find in our lives on this earth. We must trust in this. The pain of separation from our beloveds is the worst of all pains we can endure. No words can assuage it. Time does not heal it. There is no "closure". But somehow as time goes on, we are able to take comfort in the beautiful memories of our beloveds and our time with them. And we look forward to reunion with them in due time. I know that love is eternal and measureless. For now, there are the pictures, and the memories, and the pain.
Cindy, I am so very, very sorry for your loss. I feel it almost as if it were my own, because it IS, in small part, my own and that of every member of Artie's Army.
We are here for you.

rubear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hadn't checked the thread in a few days and something told me to check today. I'm so sorry for your loss. You were lucky to have Artie and he was so very lucky to have you. I started following Artie's journey when my own soul cat Ruby was ill. Since she passed about a year ago, I've still followed. Staying invested helped me deal with my own grief. To know the love of a soul kitty is to have experienced a truly magical thing, but to lose a soul kitty is a pain indescribable. Know that Artie needed you as you needed him and you did not fail him. You did everything you could and you made the choices you had to make with love and compassion. There's nothing more a cat could ask of his person. Know that Artie knew and still knows how much you loved him and that he will be around you now. My Ruby visits in dreams and I know she does stuff around the house to let me know she's around. Take time to grieve and, most importantly, take care of yourself now.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss Cindy. Artie is free now, you were strong enough to let him go when he was needing to. You fought for him, loved him and I'm sure he knew it. I'm crying right along with everyone else. Somehow, although I never met him, I loved Artie. You take care of yourself now, he'd want that, same as it was for you if it was you who went before he.

The rainbow bridge received a ginger angel today.:rbheart: :angel::rbheart:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Cindy, it’s so tough to go through what you just did. There are always doubts. Please know you should have no doubts. You did EVERYTHING you could for your boy. Please know that.

I’m so sorry that it was Artie’s time. You two had a special bond that still remains. Keeping you in my thoughts. :hugs:

Rest In Peace sweet boy. :rbheart:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I’m so
6C03E95A-6401-4E42-B946-9D0CCB7F89FE.gif
to hear about Artie, Cindy. Artie fought his life the best he could with all your love and help you could give and you were there for him the whole time.

I know it’s sad as even i’m writing this post, my heart is very heavy and I feel very much for both of you.

Much love and hugs from January and I

199B55C3-A45B-4DCD-9E5C-A43ACDF85DA3.jpeg

Take care Cindy and we’ll see you around.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Dear sweet Artie. You defied the odds for many, many months, as your TCS thread grew and grew and grew. You even had your own fan club! As an honoured member of "Artie's Army", I am mourning your loss, almost as I would if you were my own cat. That's how deeply you clawed your way into my heart. RIP sweet boy. :angel3: You'll never be forgotten. :rbheart:

Cindy, no cat could have asked for a better "mom". Your love for Artie, showed in every word you wrote in this thread. My heart breaks for you tonight. Love and hugs from me and Ruby. :redheartpump: :hugs: :redheartpump:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Cindy you and he had been going through hell recently, your heart breaking as he hid from you and he yearning to be with you but oh so scared too. I know how hard it was but the greatest gift of love we can give them is to free them from the torture of a slow agonizing death. Artie is not suffering or in pain anymore and he is watching over you. As I type this I'm crying as I and the rest of Artie's Army are mourning with you, we wish we could be there. Bless your cousin and the others who were there with you and Artie. As I've read here on TCS somewhere: The last breath on earth is the first breath in Heaven. RIP you courageous little sweetheart.:grouphug::hearthrob::rbheart::lovecat2::angel::redheartpump: Cindy, the photos are wonderful:grouphug2::catrub:

Last edited:

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Cindy I am so truly sorry that Artie's journey has come to an end. I was truly shocked to see this latest update. I really thought he would bounce back and be with you for many more months.
Yes, it feels like we all lost Artie today.
He was a huge part of TCS.
I wish all kitties in the world could be as loved as your sweet Artie was and still is.
I won't lie, the days ahead will be unbearable. I still am mourning over my soul kitty and it has been almost four years.
One just never gets over that huge loss.
I wish I had sone magic words to help your pain. Just know that Artie will always be with you, tucked safely in your heart where he will only feel comfort and so very loved!
My heart is with you today Cindy.
I am crying along with you.
RIP Sweet Artie!
Know that you will be loved and missed by many.
I truly love you Artie, as if you were my very own kitty!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've known no other cat whose death left so many people grieving. Artie was a remarkable presence, for so many of us to come to love him across the entire world.

Go in peace, Artie. We loved you, we loved the way you fought for your life, and we love you still.

:vibes: :rbheart:

Cindy, remember that we are always here for you. We're your family, too. :alright: :hugs:

Margret

weemomma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's been four years and I still miss my soul cat deeply. It's an ache that will never go away, but I do hope that in time, as you start to heal, you open your heart to another kitty that needs a home like Artie did.

I will say that you gave Artie everything he needed. A home. Life. Love. Ultimately, you gave him a peaceful end. It's hard to think about, to even comprehend, but know that he loved you so deeply. He knew that you did your best for him and he knew that you were with him all the way to the end. He was one lucky guy.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear this. Really there is nothing I can say that hasn't been said so well by everyone who has posted before me. We all know how much you loved Artie, we can understand exactly how you feel to be without him.

We're here for you.

:grouphug2:

Rest In Peace Artie, your long battle is over now.

:catlove:

Status
Not open for further replies.