ARGH...cats discovered the kitchen counters :(

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i have heard of taping blown up balloons un the counter as not only if they happened to pop one it would make a loud noise but also some cats dont like the static they give off but as a warning i would make sure u were home so if 1 did pop to make sure it dont eat it also i think they would be able to see if they were there or not and who wants balloons on it all the time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by april31

i have heard of taping blown up balloons un the counter as not only if they happened to pop one it would make a loud noise but also some cats dont like the static they give off but as a warning i would make sure u were home so if 1 did pop to make sure it dont eat it also i think they would be able to see if they were there or not and who wants balloons on it all the time.
The second I read the word "balloons" I started cracking up. If anything, with my babes, that'll make the countertops MORE alluring!! They go insane for balloons, too. Funny, since they scare the poop outta them when they finally pop them, but they're as insane about balloons as Hobbes is for brocolli!! Sunny, especially.

I'm sure it'll work for other cats...but mine think they're FABULOUS toys, both before and after popping!!

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
lol i never tried it myself i think mine would play with them also i guess i could picture why it might work lots of balloons so cat jumps up and pop i guess im not sure i like the idea of scaring them. mine dont get on the kitchen counter ive had trouble with them getting on the table ive told them to get down so now if the kids leave the cereal bowls they will hide on a chair and sneakly stick the heads up and over to try to drink out of them.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Luckily we've got a massive house so keeping the two cats out of the kitchen isn't hard, but my cats just don't jump up anyway. They're exotics.