Are your cats talkers?

mld1168

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes my Pickles is a big talker and always telling me something --- like that is time for bed when I am at the computer or he wants out (even though he doesnt get to go out) or needs a treat and when I get home i hear him "yelling" at me when i get out of the car. Mostly he talks when it is bed time ( or that he thinks i should be in bed) he has gotten in this habit that he doesnt eat his dry food until i am in bed at night. so when he gets hungry he starts telling me !! He is so darn cute!
My other baby Mosey - he doesnt talk much at all- just when he doesnt know where we are he will let out a very sorry meow and i have to talk to him and tell him where we are then he comes running. that is the extent of his talking.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Neither of our Siamese have been big talkers until recently which I've heard is rather the norm as they get older. Mika has a distorted voicebox and doesn't have a "normal" kitty voice but is very good at making her likes and dislikes known - she's such a little diva.
Imagine putting your lips together and gently puffing through them - that's what she does if she doesn't like something. It is so funny to watch her do that.

Bijou talks more now than he ever has and it isn't just a short meow. John brought him outside on the deck with us the other night and Bijou tried to get away. John put him back in the house and you should have heard him "swear" at John. It was a long drawn out sentence almost.

He does talk to us if we talk to him and his top lip curls back - I love it.

tashaam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ive had my new cat for about 2 months now and when we first got her she was the quietest cat ive ever seen, she would only meow for Temptations.

But now after the birth of her kitten, when she comes upstairs all i have to do is look at her and she starttttsssssss and doesnt stop.
Its the cutest thing, all the different noises she makes.

Ive always loved vocal cats, their meows win me over everytime!

tashaam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PuddyTat

I just have one cat, but there are three in the house, the other two are my husbands. My cat is the talky one and I think that's why I fell in love with him, plus he's bi-eyed. He always makes all kinds of little trills and coos, he rarely meows, usually only if he's "talking" to me.
What a little cutiee!

esrandall2000

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Whimsey meows, but mostly he "gargles" deep in his throat when he is carrying on a conversation with me which is most of the time.

Merlin has his "good morning" meow, his I want attention NOW "meow," and a special "meow" when he thinks the other kitties are doing something that they shouldn't be doing.

Fancy was a feral mixed Siamese kitten who is usually silent, but on rare occasions squeeks.

Magic her black tabby litter brother always "meows" like he is in pain, but is perfectly fine.

Elizabeth & kitties

jupeycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Fable chirrups when he's 'hunting' birds through the window. Jupey talks whenever he's going to do something we consider naughty - knocking things off surfaces and jumping on top of ther bookcase etc. Emmy talks a lot especially when there's food involved and Meg, our new kitten shouts at me when she wants attention.