Are your cats named after someone/something?

luvmyfurbabys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Patches
her name is Patches Peanutbutter DeMerchant , she reminded my husband of the swirls in peanutbutter cup ice cream

Bellah

her name means beautiful in Italian her actual name is Bellah Sera Beautiful Night I named Bellah :p

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Never even occurred to me to name my girls AFTER something/someone.

Joji is just Joji, Skinny is because she was all bones when rescued, and QT was the name given by her first owner.

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Forgot to add:

Except for Coco. Her official Name is Glenmaulyn Manees Ku. Glenmaulyn is the breeder name and Manees Ku means My Sweet.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My boyfriend at the time named my girl cat....Habenaro...because he said she was a spicy pepper.

Tigger is just that...a springy, wonderful thing.

Katie

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Kahli was named after the Hindu goddess of destruction. When we first got her she was trotured and starved and spent the first three days with us backed up against the wall screaming. She calmed down after a while.

meezersrule

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Carmelo is named after Carmelo Anthony, the basketball superstar who led SU to the NCAA championship in 2003. My vet said that there are about a dozen yellow and orange animals the same age as my Carmelo that are named after our great basketball hero!
I wonder if he knows of this strange trend?

The catloaf, well, he is an original