Are your cats in your will?

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutley - since my furaby is my child. Could not stand it if I did not know that he is not taken care of in case I die before he does!

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a term life policy so that if I die, my cats caretakers, who I designated as my parents, will have money for his care. In the unlikely event I die and both of my parents die while roxygo is still alive, my contingent is my brother and SIL..

I think another thing to think about is disablement or personal care home issues.. My boss's wife's father has two large dogs that have nowhere to go because his father had to be put in a home.. The rest of the family is unable to take the dogs in but they are convinced that they will find a good home. It's adding a lot of stress to their already trying time all because the father didn't have a plan.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

When i first said i wanted the girls ashes mixed with mine, he said but if they go before you where will you put their ashes?, i said in a slow voice like he was a can short of a six pack, "In an urn like you would a humans ashes", he said "Do they do them for animals?", i said "They have pet cemetries!!!, then in my head i said "You numpty!!".

Needless to say i double checked the draft copy of my will before going in to sign the original!.
I'm sorry, but I'm just laughing my butt of at the mental image - it could really be something out of a sitcom.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't got around to updating mine since moving here (our trust funds from when my dad died are all left equally to the rest of the family should something happen to us before the money is used / fully withdrawn). But our families are well aware of our wishes including car of the kitties

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have a will but know my family or the Sisters would be sure my cats were cared for if something happened to me. We've discussed it, they know how much the kitties mean to me and would respect my wishes.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In our wills after each other, anything we have is to be divided equally between our three children, looks like one cat each

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renny

I don't have an official will...I've just informed all my family members that if something were to happen to me (which would then pay off my mortgage etc), I would expect them to take care of my kitties and make sure then end up in a loving home together.....and if they dropped them off at a kill shelter I would come back and HAUNT THEM forever!!!

I figure the money from the house would be enough to provide for the kitties for the remainders of their lives...and it should be worth my family taking the time to find the right new home for my babies.
Without a Will, the ownership of the house could take years to settle with our greedy Government. For the low cost of making a simple Will, I would do it, especially if you own a house, car or other big ticket item.

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I dont have a will, or a plan. But after certain events, I think I should make out some sort of plan, seeing as how so many things could happen.

Ive spoken to my husband, aunt and mom about having my organs donated if I ever died. As far as my cats go I think they would go back to their foster mommy but I will have to leave that in writing. She has always told me if I cant keep them for some reason to take them back to her.

Just wanted to add: I dont think i'd want them left with DH. Hes wonderful with them, but hes just not a lovey-animal person and my girls must be treated like queens!!