Are your cats afraid of the Vacuum?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The vacuum monster is much feared at my house. Ophelia just runs and hides. Trent is my brave boy, my guard cat. He hisses and swats at the monster, then jumps back as far as he can until he gets brave enough to do it again. What's so funny about it is that he has the wimpiest little hiss you've ever heard. Sounds like someone breathing! He also hisses and growls at people outside the window coming up to our door - even me and hubby! Quite the guard cat I have!

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Loki isn't afraid - but doesn't love it either. Let's say I am vacuuming the living room he just hops on the couch until I am done.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Three of mine hate it likes it's the V-E-T LOL! Rocket however is either silly or very brave because he loves both of them! (the vacuum and the vet!) all the oters(Twig, Isis and Luna) will scatter and hide!
Now it makes sense of why I only vacuum once a year!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Peedoodle hides under the bed until I have finished vacuuming, Kahu is deaf and so he sits and stares at it but sometimes if he sees Peedoodle running away, he will run away too.

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my cat despises the vacuum.. he won't go near it on or off, and if he decides to start tearing stuff up all i have to do is roll it out and he instantly behaves..

rock&fluff'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is too weird because I was going to ask the same thing just a second ago..
Rocky is very leery(sp?) of it and will watch from distances, but if I get too close he moves and goes to another place where he can see what I am doing..Fluffy, on the other hand, I don't even have to turn it on, if she sees it in my hand, she dashes out never to be seen until the end of the day....she hates it!!!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! Peaches is not afraid of the vacuum. She just lies on the coffee table and watches me! I believe she thinks humans work is rather boring.

Tammie & Peaches