Are you ready for a virtual trip to Paris?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

There certainly are some fantastic artists there!

What sort of things does your son write? Has he had anything published?
Son is an English teacher by trade - and (proud mummy time) he has just signed the contract with his publisher for the publication of his first novel. I don't know what it's about yet - he's keeping his book close to his chest. But he always had a taste for dark tales in the past - so we'll wait and see.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea

Son is an English teacher by trade - and (proud mummy time) he has just signed the contract with his publisher for the publication of his first novel. I don't know what it's about yet - he's keeping his book close to his chest. But he always had a taste for dark tales in the past - so we'll wait and see.
A teacher too! Wow! You have a very clever family!

You are right to be proud, that's great!
He is certainly a true writer, keeping it all a scret until the last minute!

You will have to tell me when it is published and I will buy a copy! I could even ask you to sign a copy for me!

Does he have a website?

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

A teacher too! Wow! You have a very clever family!

You are right to be proud, that's great!
He is certainly a true writer, keeping it all a scret until the last minute!

You will have to tell me when it is published and I will buy a copy! I could even ask you to sign a copy for me!

Does he have a website?
Ok - now you're thinking why is she laughing? Well - dearest son absolutely refuses to have a mobile phone; will NOT, absolutely NOT learn to drive and will NOT have a digital or electronic alarm clock. He is a total technophobe. When we were in Disney we bought him a wind-up alarm clock with the little bells on top which he thought was perfect! So the idea of him having a website

But when it's published and he tells us what its called - I'll let you know.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ok - now you're thinking why is she laughing? Well - dearest son absolutely refuses to have a mobile phone; will NOT, absolutely NOT learn to drive and will NOT have a digital or electronic alarm clock. He is a total technophobe. When we were in Disney we bought him a wind-up alarm clock with the little bells on top which he thought was perfect! So the idea of him having a website

But when it's published and he tells us what its called - I'll let you know.
I was wondering about the flailing!!
What caused him to become such a technophobe?!! He won't even learn to drive?!!
That is so funny, Beth!
How old is he?

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

I was wondering about the flailing!!
What caused him to become such a technophobe?!! He won't even learn to drive?!!
That is so funny, Beth!
How old is he?
I don't know what caused him to become a technophobe - he will use a word processor for his writing but that's about it. Especially as he grew up in a technical household - hubby has an MSC in computing! - maybe that's it - he developed an aversion to it.

He 26 this year (I brought him up from when he was 4 yrs) - no hope for him then

sharonkay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you-this is the perfect trip to Paris for me! I am terrified of planes so these might be the only kind of transatlantic I will be taking!!

Great shots though--looks like you had a fantastic time!!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you Sharon - I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Actually transatlantic is not the worst flying I've ever done. I'm absolutely TERRIFIED of flying
(as certain others on this site can attest to); however with transatlantic you're never more than a (relatively) short distance from land with the route flown. Up the eastern seaboard, over Canada, Newfoundland, near Greenland, near Iceland, down to Scotland/Ireland and in to UK.

Despite the fact that I'm terrified - the rewards are so great - that I'd say do it anyway if you can. Statistically (this is how I try to rationalise with myself
) the drive to and from the airport is heaps more risky than the flight itself.

sharonkay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Thank you Sharon - I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Actually transatlantic is not the worst flying I've ever done. I'm absolutely TERRIFIED of flying
(as certain others on this site can attest to); however with transatlantic you're never more than a (relatively) short distance from land with the route flown. Up the eastern seaboard, over Canada, Newfoundland, near Greenland, near Iceland, down to Scotland/Ireland and in to UK.

Despite the fact that I'm terrified - the rewards are so great - that I'd say do it anyway if you can. Statistically (this is how I try to rationalise with myself
) the drive to and from the airport is heaps more risky than the flight itself.
Oh, I do it when I have to ...I have had success with drugs and alchohol...LOL just kidding...sorta

I just cant picture myself on a flight that long!!! Then again, like my father in law says- if the pilot isn't scared, then he isn't either!!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SharonKay

Oh, I do it when I have to ...I have had success with drugs and alchohol...LOL just kidding...sorta

I just cant picture myself on a flight that long!!! Then again, like my father in law says- if the pilot isn't scared, then he isn't either!!
That's the spirit.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh well it doesnt matter i just saw something like alliby world in belgium lol

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It may be that this is only the UK site Fwan - when I look at the internet address at the top it has UK in the title - maybe that's why.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Beth i've only just caught up on your pictures now!( Was out for drinks with the girlies last night being sociable you know?!
)

Their brilliant
Your hotel looked really lovely, in fact Paris looked lovely!, thats a place i've never been too. yet!.

And despite the snow you still managed to smile

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Beth i've only just caught up on your pictures now!( Was out for drinks with the girlies last night being sociable you know?!
)

Their brilliant
Your hotel looked really lovely, in fact Paris looked lovely!, thats a place i've never been too. yet!.

And despite the snow you still managed to smile
Hope you had a good time Susan. Oh, yes I managed to smile. I wanted it to snow on my birthday so badly - I'd been going on about it for weeks
- by the time we went I don't think there was any danger of hubby not knowing it snowed when I was born

We got outside the hotel and these great big snowflakes started to fall I was like this
and insisted on running back to the hotel to get the camera. We must have looked so stupid leaving the park (and having to get our hand stamped) only 5 minutes after going in. By the time we came back it was A BLIZZARD

So glad you enjoyed it. It's a great city.