Are You Making Anything Special For The Holidays???

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Inasmuch as I don't do a turkey every week, that will be an event, complete with my Dad's stuffing, which IMO is unbeatable -- and my garlic mash, likewise -- and whatever veg calls to me from the fresh produce, as well as the rest of the trimmings. We abandoned the Christmas Pudding years ago, because it's just too rich after that big meal, so every year it's something different for dessert, and I'm still tossing around possibilities.

That will all happen on Boxing Day, actually, as "number one son" will be with his Mum for dinner on Christmas Day. However, he will join us earlier in the day for The Tree and probably for brunch, which will likely be Eggs Benny, the House Special for Special Brunches.

Other than that, I don't do a lot of Holiday Cooking/Baking, because it's mostly just the two of us, with one or two added here and there, which does not add up to enough mouths to consume all the calories safely.
The pounds go on all too easily, and then take dynamite to get them off.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

We abandoned the Christmas Pudding years ago, because it's just too rich after that big meal, so every year it's something different for dessert, and I'm still tossing around possibilities.
I have an awesome pumpkin kahlua cheesecake recipe! It's a little heavy, but yummy. I also think a trifle is a great "fill in between the spaces" kind of dessert.

wickedkitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We aren't going back up to Scotland this year to visit rellies so my MIL despite the fact that she just had surgery last month is sending us down baking. This would usually be a very good thing except for the fact that she's sending us so much that it cost her 46 quid to ship.

If thats not bad enough, the OH was wanting to make a cheesecake to take into work on Monday (amaretto with a biscotti base and then toasted almonds on top) but couldn't find any biscotti to begin with so he got 2 big boxes of amaretti biscuits and I said those won't work, then he got 2 big boxes of continental almond thins which I said wouldn't work, then got 2 packages of hobnobs which would have worked except on the way back from the supermarket we passed a shop that had biscotti.

So now we have a houseful of biscuits and yet even more baking arriving any day now