are you for or anti spiders?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by horseygal90

Did you really have to tell me that? Is nowhere safe?!
Sorry,but i learnt this from a friend who had a roach infestation in surrey so thats how i discovered the gruesome truth

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spiders don't scare me that much, unless they're crawling on my neck or something.

I don't mind snakes or bats or anything like that either.
The only time spiders or snakes scare me is when I think they could or are going to hurt me or the animals.

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
spiders crawling on yr neck-how'd u let that happen.i would never let them get that close

catfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CATTYBIRD

Spiders don't bother me at all. Of course I also like snakes, rats, worms, etc.
Ditto here! It runs in the family. My mother kept lizards for pets when she was a little girl and I did too!

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catfriend

Ditto here! It runs in the family. My mother kept lizards for pets when she was a little girl and I did too!
lizards are fab and same goes for snakes-spiders are ...well theyre like horror movies-they stay with you

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love all of them. They are here for a reason and all fit into nature's plan. At least that's my theory. I've never been afraid of them. Not sure why so many people are and why is it usually women?

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate spiders. We get a ton in our basement even though it's finished. I usually go around once a week with the dust buster and clean house of them

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
anything needing 8 eyes cant be too innocent

kiki_585

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I HATE spiders!! My father and I are alike in this feeling. We are so scared of them that we actually dream of them... how crazy is that?! My younger sister tells me that I have a different squeal for when I am encountering a spider. I used to get my mom to kill them all, then it was my bf, and now that I am single I have to fend for myself. But I live on the 4th floor and so am hoping that I am relatively safe... no one please destroy my safe haven ha ha!

Stanley just plays with them... he doesn't kill them just imobilizes them. I have no pity.

If they aren't in the house then that's fine, once they enter my home they are on my territory and they will find themselves dead.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me it's kind of a long story. I used to be absolutely terrified of them. Then at the end of grade 2, my teacher's son came to visit us and he has a pet tarantula. When I first saw it, I started to shake I was so scared and nervous. He let everyone hold it and when it got to me I nervously put my hand out and let it crawl onto my arm. I was so sure it was going to bite me because I was shaking so much but it didn't. After than I developed a greater respect for spiders and I considered working with them as a career. I studied them for about 8 years and learned a lot about them.

Now I'm only afraid of one spider in the world: the funnel web spider. They are more scary to me than anything else in the world. They are about the size of the palm of your hand, extremely aggressive, fast, and very strong. Not to mention that they are extremely poisonous and their fangs are very big and can easily bite through your toenail.

Other than large, dangerous species like the funnel web, I like spiders because they help get rid of those pesky mosquitoes.

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
rather get bitten by mosquities-and i do.
someone mentioned millipedes and centipedes-evil little creatures too