Are you a negative person or do you have a lot of negative people in your life?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Isn't it terrible that you have to do that in your own home though?! 
Rick was not amused by the whole thing. He was really getting frustrated. The phone would ring and we'd just look at each other.
I just removed 2 negative people from my facebook today.  I don't see why people are that way.

dejolane
I removed two people from my FB account.....one because she was just constantly complaining about everything. Every single post. The other one was because of all the cursing she was doing. I'm not a prude by any stretch and I do more than my share of cussing from time to time. But not on a public forum. IMHO that's simply not the place to drop the f-bomb every other word. There's enough drama on FB without that.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I met this one woman who just loved to gloat at other people's misery.  So she'd gloat (and you never knew if the gloats were truthful or not).  Then she'd complain about her life.  Never got anything but a few words in when we talked.   She'd had kind of a rough life, I felt bad and thought sitting and listening to her was the "right" thing to do. 

Until I just got fed up with it.  That's when I started using the answering machine to screen calls. 
  When we had a landline, we never got caller ID- thought it was something we didn't need to spend money on.

I was not answering the phone when anyone called- and I had to explain it to my mother (who was kind of going through a rough patch as well- but I didn't want to ignore her).  I made the mistake of answering it once when she called- then I hung up.  She got the idea- and I got this very snarky message on my machine.  I kind of felt bad- but I just didn't know what to do.  Maybe I should have just told her that I was really over listening to her gloat/ complain- and if you can't say anything nice, then you need to stop calling me. 

She finally got the hint, and quit calling.  Well- I don't know if she's called within the last few months.  The number I gave her was our landline, and we got rid of it a couple of months ago.  And I never gave out my cell.

I can't bring myself to "un-friend" anyone on facebook (though I know one person un-friended me- another very odd relationship).  So I hide their posts.  I know, not really mature. 

And is it really bad that I like caller ID on my cell phone? 

Cheryl