Are you a girly girl, or a tomboy?

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No camping here. I'll do the cottage, it has running water, a tv and a kitchen. That is roughing it enough for me - no cable!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

No camping here. I'll do the cottage, it has running water, a tv and a kitchen. That is roughing it enough for me - no cable!
Our camper has all of that!
No cable tho, although some of the people that are permenant with us have a Satellite Dish!
We're never inside enough (unless its rainy) to watch TV!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I've had mine gagued for years! I started about 5 years ago and hit 4 (which is what I'm at now... I checked) over 2 years ago.

I'm also planning a girly day next wednesday to get ready for my wedding. I figure that will be my only uber girly day!
Happy wedding! Everyone's healing process is different... I can take my tongue ring out for a day and it will be closed the next (Ive had it for 7 years)... My ears close pretty fast as well so you may be lucky... (I went from regular earrings to a size 4 in 2 months max)... I didn't waste anytime... yes that is a silly and stupid way to go about it, and that is why it hurt me so much... because I kept stretching before I was healed!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

Happy wedding! Everyone's healing process is different... I can take my tongue ring out for a day and it will be closed the next (Ive had it for 7 years)... My ears close pretty fast as well so you may be lucky... (I went from regular earrings to a size 4 in 2 months max)... I didn't waste anytime... yes that is a silly and stupid way to go about it, and that is why it hurt me so much... because I kept stretching before I was healed!
Thanks! Ya, my tongue healed VERY fast too but part of that is because of the environment of the mouth. All I have to say about your stretch it YOUCH!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes indeed! Im amazed how many handy women we have! It is motivating to know that not every women in the world is enloped by superficiality (lol I dont think thats a word)! Im girly but I love hearing how care free and comfortable everyone is with just being who they are!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm definitely not a girly-girl. in fact that bothers my sister.
i don't wear makeup at all anymore. i hate the stuff, and i have skin problems that it aggravates. i hate doing my hair. i cut it all off, now i just put some texturizer & hair spray, mess it up, and off i go. i hate wearing high heels, flats only please.

i love being outdoors. we recently started running again. we're going to try out kayaking soon. i absolutely love tent camping. too fun!

i've always been this way. when i was a teenager i spent every waking moment in a horse barn. i rode, i worked at a barn, i helped at shows. nothing is dirtier than a day spent with horses.

so i would say i'm more of a tomboy.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I've been told that I drive a stick-shift and ride my Harley like a man. (I have also been told that this is the highest compliment a man can pay a girl.
)
LOL! i guess i get more tomboy points. right now i have the only automatic car i've ever owned in my life.
i miss driving a stick. (i want a honda civic si
)

i also am a major computer nerd. i guess that's more tomboyish than girly girl. after spending a good portion of college working on a computer science degree (long story, but i changed majors) i enjoy totally blowing the minds of the guys who think they "know all" when it comes to computers. one of the guys from the store next door apparently knows nothing about networks, but is their "expert". i felt like i should have told him when i was in college we hacked accounts from the programming lab for fun.
the most exciting thing we found was someone's inappropriate pictures on the campus network. but what does the receptionist know.
the hubby and i actually fight over who gets to set up new computer gear.
and i run linux for fun on our spare pc (for when mike is in a gaming frenzy for hours and i need to check my email).

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow you actually think they are cool? LOL my mom thinks Im nuts! I work in an office as well (Im the receptionist, the first one clients see) I wear my hair down alot so I don't gross out other generations! The owner of the company just noticed them a few months ago, it was too funny... He thought they were strange and interesting but seemed to have no issue with them! I have no face piercings or crazy colored hair (well unless you consider jet black crazy) and I dress in office attire so it seems to be no big deal! I think cartilage piercings would be easily accepted in the office! I have two hoops (top of my left ear) and I have my tragus on both side (not the gauges you see in the pic or the upper cartilage... but that hope that is in the center of my ear)! No one seems to mind! I say go for it, but do not get it done with a gun (to avoid damage to the cartilage and to avoid keloids) get it done with a needle at a reputable piercing shop! I don't use my third piercing on my lobes anymore (they wont close) because they are so low that my ear is almost split (been ripped and what not)... I have permanent marks from them now and wish I didnt...

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am not sure what I am. All of my friends are guys. I hate camping.. mostly I think because of bugs and the back pain I know I'd get from sleeping on the ground

I don't wear much jewelry, just my wedding ring unless I'm going out somewhere nice. I blowdry my hair every time I take a shower, but just because if I don't it takes hours to dry. I like to have things from Bath and Body Works.. and smelly candles, but I wear only jeans and t-shirts most of the time.. no skirts and dresses for me!

I wear Clinque makeup only, but it is usually just powder and mascara I wear, unless I'm going out then I will wear eyeliner, shadow, mascara, powder and blush. I don't wear colored lipstick often, usually I stick with my Bert's Bees lip gloss.

In school I am working on a Computer Repair Technician certificate thing. I drive an automatic only, but not afraid to change oil myself and stuff like that. I don't mind getting dirty as long as no bugs are involved

So..hmm.. a little of both I guess?

Oh and not really into the gauge thing.. it doesn't gross me out though unless it's real big.. I guess I just don't see the point of stretching your ear.. and looks disgusting to me when they are taken out and there is just thin earlobe hanging there.. eew. No offense to you guys that like them.. I just don't.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely more tomboy. I don't wear much make up (if at all). I like football, fantasy football, camping in a tent, 4 wheeling, snowmobiling, playing sports. I honestly haven't bought a dress or skirt in years! I still have some I'll dig out on occasion. I usually wear dress pants and whatnot when I have to!

I DO shop at VS and Bath and Body Works (I just slurge at their semi-anuual sales)
I love that they're at the same time! I DO shave daily and take care of my eyebrows. My hair is long but I dont do much with it but put it in a pony. I'm pretty low maintenence. I also put together my fiance's desk, and am the fix it person in our household (except the computer stuff).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I should have included a poll!

Its so interesting to read about everyone!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a total girly-girl. Always in skirts and heels for work, ALWAYS have makeup on in public. I'm afraid of spiders and I DON'T do camping. (I camped for eight straight weekends the summer I worked at the renaissance faire...that was seven times too many.
)

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny1124

I am not sure what I am. All of my friends are guys. I hate camping.. mostly I think because of bugs and the back pain I know I'd get from sleeping on the ground

I don't wear much jewelry, just my wedding ring unless I'm going out somewhere nice. I blowdry my hair every time I take a shower, but just because if I don't it takes hours to dry. I like to have things from Bath and Body Works.. and smelly candles, but I wear only jeans and t-shirts most of the time.. no skirts and dresses for me!

I wear Clinque makeup only, but it is usually just powder and mascara I wear, unless I'm going out then I will wear eyeliner, shadow, mascara, powder and blush. I don't wear colored lipstick often, usually I stick with my Bert's Bees lip gloss.

In school I am working on a Computer Repair Technician certificate thing. I drive an automatic only, but not afraid to change oil myself and stuff like that. I don't mind getting dirty as long as no bugs are involved

So..hmm.. a little of both I guess?

Oh and not really into the gauge thing.. it doesn't gross me out though unless it's real big.. I guess I just don't see the point of stretching your ear.. and looks disgusting to me when they are taken out and there is just thin earlobe hanging there.. eew. No offense to you guys that like them.. I just don't.
Your opinion on gauges is all good... No need to say sorry, I can understand
Mine arent near that big, to where I have skinny lobes (that is yucky even too me)... Anything bigger than a 00 is yucky.

As for clinique I cant wear the stuff it makes me break out like crazy, but burt's bees rocks! I'd say you have a good mix of both!