Are you a coffee lover?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love coffee too - but just plain old Columbian. I don't care at all for the flavoured coffees. Don't hate me but I really don't like Starbucks nor do I like Tim Horton's.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love coffee. Starbucks is my favorite. Although give me a cup of McDonalds on the way to work and I'm singing a happy tune! I think honestly that McDonalds has the best coffee, but at home, we drink, starbucks, Marques de Paiva(from Sams) or Millstone. We get it whole bean and honey will grind it for us. (I'm grinder stupid. It won't work for me
) I love it with 2 sweet and lows and some flavored creamer. Honey likes it strong so it works for both of us. He gets it his way and I can't taste the bitterness of when he makes it that way.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I love
coffee...I have a Flavia Fusion machine and can make all sorts of coffee drinks with it...and tea, but I prefer the coffee. My all time favorite coffee is Dunkin Donuts, but unfortunately we don't have that here but we have Starbuck's and I love the nonfat Vanilla Latte!!!!
Well, do not worry. I just read in the Wall Street Journal that Dunkin Donuts is going to war with Starbucks on who can make the most and sell the most coffee! Right now, when I think of coffee, I never think about going to Dunkin but they say that is all going to change and that Starbucks is in danger of losing it's number one position.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not like flavored coffees.
I do like a good cup of medium roasted black coffee or a well made laté.
I am very anti-Starbucks ( I remember back when they were a mom & pop store in Pike Place Market, I loved their coffees and teas then).

As a former barrista, I am very picky about my coffees.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I probably drink about 3 cups in the morning at work, Maxwell house with cream and just a little bit of sugar. I don't have a coffee maker at home so I only drink it at work or if I go to Starbucks or the gas station
I get lattes at Starbucks, my fave is a caramel latte and I get the cappuccinos from the machine at the gas station, I like English toffee the best

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

As a former barrista, I am very picky about my coffees.
I was a Starbucks barista as well. When I took their 'Communicating Coffee' class, it dawned on me what they were doing. They said, "we roast our beans longer, to get a darker roast and fuller flavor". Then they showed pics of their roasted beans next to your average Folgers. Sure enough, Starbucks beans were MUCH darker... Well DUH! Thats the result when you BURN SOMETHING!!!

I LOVE coffee (thanks Starbucks
) I started out drinking all the 'designer' coffees with extra toppings, but I'm lactose intolerant, so I was a bit limited. I hate soy, though I can sometimes get away with skim milk. But I just don't like the way milk tastes. I prefer the darker, earthier (dry) beans from the middle east and north africa (i.e. sumatra, ethipian), but my all time favorite was the 10 lbs. we brought back from Jamaica a year ago! Mmmm....

If I go to Starbucks (I'm not 'anti', just not a fan) the only thing I'll drink is an Americano. I hate the way they label their sizes too, but just in case anyone ever wanted to know:

Short = 8oz. cup (rarely if ever advertized
)
Tall = 12oz. cup (named that way per the previous size)
Grande = 16oz cup (means large in many languages)
Venti = 20oz cup (means 20 in italian, i.e. 20oz)

Also, don't know if they changed this, but when I worked for Starbucks (in the Sears Tower, downtown Chicago) if someone asked for 2%, we just mixed skim with whole milk. (thats cheating!!!)

Love their teas though

Tiffany

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I enjoy one well made cup of coffe every morning. I measure out the water and the freshly grond beans. Add a bit of 1/2 and 1/2 and thats it. No flavroed stuff for me. My best is Sumatra or a blend with Sumatra in it. Even though there is a Costa Rican bean I like too (La Minita). Locally Alterra roasters in Milwaukee WI and Door County Coffee -I think Sturgeon Bay, WI have good beans. I like a darker roast coffee.
On the Dr Phil show last week he called all the fancy flavored pricey coffee drinks "Hot milkshakes" Gives one an idea of the amount of calories!!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont currently drink cofee. But when I did I had tons of different kinds. I also had an addiction for Starbucks Caramel Frappacino.

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

On the Dr Phil show last week he called all the fancy flavored pricey coffee drinks "Hot milkshakes" Gives one an idea of the amount of calories!!
http://www.starbucks.com/retail/nutr...AULT&x=22&y=12

310 calories in a Grande Caramel Machiato...

About the same as a Burgerking Bacon Cheeseburger or Whopper Jr. w/ cheese (but without mayo
)