Are you a bug squisher or do you catch and release?

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooooohhh can't bear creepy crawlies, but absolutely can not kill anything, ever. I don't even pick flowers (lol). Am very pathetic about things like that and if I ever kill something accidentally I am racked with guilt for AGES afterwards!!

I wish I could not be so hypocritical and stop eating meat, though. But I love it too much to give it up...

save_adopt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i feel sad for bugs, so if i acedentaly hurt one i squish it all the way to put it out of its misery. i try not to kill them otherwise, except some mosquitoes, cuz those are hard to catch.

bigorangemenace

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Spiders, flies, mosquitoes, and any tiny flying insect that wont leave me alone get squished.

Sometimes if the insect is interesting enough, I will catch it and look at it for a while (cought a five inch long moth once, twas cool)

I realy dont have the heart to squish the larger bugs, so if its a cockroach or something, it gets rescued.

Of course.. I never actually.. TOUCH any of them. Once I went for a walk outside at night, and I was wearing a black shirt. My side itched so I scratched it and I touched something, and there was this big old black bug (probably a june bug) and It had bit me! I freaked out and shook my shirt and when it fell off I stomped on it and screamed for liek five minutes. I do not like to touch them. eww. No. I do not like bugs. Grasshoppers and worms are ok. Nothing else touches my bare hands. (not even my lizards grubby wormy little food, because they can latch on and bite, yuck!)

And it absolutely makes me want to THROW UP when people kill flies and mosquitoes with thier bare hands. I mean, I can understand if a mosquito bit you and you are slapping out of instinct, but when its flying in front of you (or a fly) and people bring their hands together and squish it, or slap it against a wall, it makes me want to barf. I could never do that. I would have to scrub my hands in scalding hot water for like eternity with a whole bottle of soap and I still wouldnt feel clean.

amirando

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i'll leave spiders alone (i haven't met a venomous one yet) but stuff like BIG ants, cockroaches, anything on the large side i can't identify, mosquitos and flies i kill. usually i catch and release moths and things of that nature unless the cats get to them first

evnshawn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
All hail spiders! Spiders eat bugs, so they are left to roam free, unless they are particularly juicy looking and thus skeeve me out--in which case they go outside--or they are poisonous, in which case they meet their maker.

Flies and roaches are nasty. They die. DIE DIE DIE!!! Ants also have to die, mainly because they are so persistent. If they would just listen to reason, I would let them live ... Wasps and bees go outside if I can get them out peacefully; otherwise: RIP, o stinging ones.

Everything else gets freed.

slitty_kittay

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We dont really get that many bugs inside - I figure outside the house it is their domain, and I never squish, except for mosquitos in my face! I feel quite bad sometimes when I accidentally step on the large snails that live along my walking path.

If any bugs do venture inside the house, it really depends on what kind of bug... I try to catch and release, or let them leave of their own accord, but I have been known to squish if they wont come quietly...
This especially applies to wasps

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a spider in my office a few weeks ago, and asked one of my large male coworkers to kill it for me. He actually caught it by its leg (or legs?) between his fingers, then pretended to eat it. But he actually carried it outside and let it go.

I don't know why, but I love when big tough guys are actually softies underneath. I do have a new respect for this coworker! (Even though I am a squisher!)

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I said squish them but I'm not the one that does it. Bugs freak me out

caligirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My hubby is a Pest controll guy so I have him squish them. They freak me out!!
But I do like ladybugs and butterflys. I think they are cute and they don't bite.
But if the bite or look scary, What out!!

chiclett_33

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
total squisher..except for the obvious, i.e. butterflies..lady bugs..but i dont see much of those anyway.

earwigs..little spiderys, or just weirdddd looking thing. freaking SQQQQUASH!!!

me-n-my guys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BigOrangeMenace

Sometimes if the insect is interesting enough, I will catch it and look at it for a while (cought a five inch long moth once, twas cool)
Sometimes I'll do that, too. Some of them are pretty colorful.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hunt black widow spiders & tally my kills! I had a near-fatal bite & wow! it was an awful experience - and I'm a veteran of abcessed teeth; kidney infections & bleeding;I do natural childbirth, etc., so I don't think I'm exaggerating when I emphasize AWFUL (violent convulsions, the feeling of drowning, loss of continence, exruciating muscle contractions in the calves & stomach; pain, pain,pain - blacking out was such a relief!)....Other bugs, including benevolent spiders are spared! Scorpions and vinegaroons that escape the cats are also squished.