Are we over-cautious about cat food going spoiled?

luv2cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My girls (indoor only) eat wet food twice a day for a morning meal and then evening meal.  I leave the food in their dishes and it doesn't (so far) have any ill effects on the cats.  The only thing I change in the summer is I have a stainless steel bowl with a cooling gel in it and put their food in that to keep it cool.  I do not keep my home very cold in the summer therefore I like to just add that cooling factor to the wet food.  Both mine were shelter cats and from the beginning when people told me about their sensitive stomachs I alway felt the drank out of puddles, ate garbage, etc. and survived therefore I really never had an issue with leaving their canned food out all day for them.

oneandahalfcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My girls (indoor only) eat wet food twice a day for a morning meal and then evening meal.  I leave the food in their dishes and it doesn't (so far) have any ill effects on the cats.  The only thing I change in the summer is I have a stainless steel bowl with a cooling gel in it and put their food in that to keep it cool.  I do not keep my home very cold in the summer therefore I like to just add that cooling factor to the wet food.  Both mine were shelter cats and from the beginning when people told me about their sensitive stomachs I alway felt the drank out of puddles, ate garbage, etc. and survived therefore I really never had an issue with leaving their canned food out all day for them.
The cooling pack is a very good idea