are they *purebreed* ?

jenniferd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lilo

Gorgeous kitten, and Muxu is so beautiful also.

I for one would say that they are purebred Persian, just pet quality ones.

As for their color the white one, is white with green eyes. And the brown one is probably a Classic Brown Tabby. I would have to see her sides to tell you if it's the right classification. A Classic Tabby has a bulleye in his/her tabby pattern.
I don't think they are purebred. I have two pet quality persians, so I have an idea of what they should look like. The eyes on the tabby, for one, should be copper. They are not, they are greenish.
The white cat should have blue eyes. His eyes are greenish also. The white persians with green eyes are very rare. I rather think it's mixed with something to give him this eye color. Especially the tabby does not look purebred. They are very pretty cats, regardless.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xerr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yeps, that's what I was told earlier too, when I first had him he had brilliant blue eyes.
Lilo - she does not look like the one in the pic, around the spine is dark brown, along the sides lighter with light small highlights (like touched with a painting brush) but has the mark M on the forehead too (at least that's what i see) I had so many definition of what she is supposed to be...

lilo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
But the tabby does have copper eyes, maybe not deep copper.

A white cat can also have copper eyes, not only blues. But here we are talking about Pet Quality cats, so their eyes could be another color.

As for the body shape, here a photo of my Persian, it was taken 26 years ago, and she's a mix of white Persian and Chinchilla Persian.

(Moderator Note: Image Removed. Please see the TCS Photo Posting Guidelines for the accepted photo sizes)

Her eyes should have been, but because her father was a Copper eyed White, her own eyes was a mix of copper and green.

xerr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
snow's are now green - grey. And georgie's are defenatetly brown with a thin circle of gree near the pupil. ( I investigated just now :p) Snow's structure of the face is like you cat though lilo, but georgie's is more .. not flat....but flatter than snow's. I must take more photos !

xerr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yes it is quite wide

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's the description of a classic tabby and a mackeral tabby. The spine description is in bold for each:

Classic Tabby Pattern Description: Markings dense, clearly defined and broad showing good contrast between the pale ground color and the deep, heavy markings. Legs evenly barred with bracelets coming up to meet the body markings. Tail evenly ringed. At least one unbroken necklace on neck or upper chest. Frown marks on the forehead extending between the ears and down the neck to meet the “butterfly”, single or double, on the shoulders. An unbroken line runs back from the outer corner of the eye to the ear. Swirls on cheeks. Back markings consist of a vertical line down the spine from Butterfly to tail with a vertical stripe paralleling it on each side. The three stripes well separated by stripes of the ground color. The dark swirls on the sides of the body shall be centered by a dark blotch surrounded by the ground color. The underside of the body should have a double vertical row of buttons in the color of the dense markings.

Mc Tabby Pattern Description: Markings dense, clearly defined and all narrow penciling, showing good contrast between the pale ground color and the dense markings. Legs evenly barred with bracelets coming up to meet the body markings. Tail evenly ringed. At least one unbroken necklace on neck or upper chest. Frown marks on the forehead extending between the ears and down the neck to meet the shoulders. An unbroken line runs back from the outer corner of the eye to the ear. There are three distinct spine lines but they are very narrow and often meld into what looks like one wide stripe without fault. Narrow penciling lines in the dense marking color run around the body in vertical fashion in the unbroken lines. The underside of the body should have a double row of vertical buttons in the color of the dense markings