Are there any quilters on TCS?

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to look at your questions twice I thought it said quitters .  ( quitting this site and why ?)   

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm afraid I've only made one quilt and then decided it wasn't really for me.

But I'm sure there must be some out there...

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Aunt Mildred, who passed on her love of genealogy to me, also was a quilter. She worked so hard doing it to pass a quilt to each one in her family. She was sorry when she saw one of her grandsons laying on his under the car doing mechanic work. She made one for me when we moved in our new house. It is on my guest room bed and gets pulled off is someone sleeps there. I wanted to learn how so we spent some days together doing that. She helped me with making a quilted all hanging. I treasure it and the quilt she made for the memories they bring of her. I have not tried to do it since

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Aunt Mildred, who passed on her love of genealogy to me, also was a quilter. She worked so hard doing it to pass a quilt to each one in her family. She was sorry when she saw one of her grandsons laying on his under the car doing mechanic work. She made one for me when we moved in our new house. It is on my guest room bed and gets pulled off is someone sleeps there. I wanted to learn how so we spent some days together doing that. She helped me with making a quilted all hanging. I treasure it and the quilt she made for the memories they bring of her. I have not tried to do it since
My grandmother did the same thing for her grandkids.  By the time she got to me she had arthritis in her hands really bad and she only made the top.  At that time which was years ago and I grew up in a rural area there were groups of women who got together to quilt.  Yes there were quilting bees, I think it was an excuse to get together and gossip.  One of those groups quilted it for me.  I never did try it though.  Unfortunately I think it has become a dying art.  I remember they even had a category at fairs to judge quilts.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My MIL has decided to make a quilt for every single one of her grandkids.  And she would FREAK if one of them used a quilt that she made in that way. 

I have no idea if either of my girls will want one.  I know the oldest does- but the youngest likes "bucking tradition".  I guess what I'd do in that situation is just take one of the ones she's already made (she's got a closet full of them) and just put it aside. 

Cheryl

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

smitten4kittens

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quilts are very comforting to me too, especially when they are a gift from a family member.That's sweet that you worked on the wall hanging together and now have the memories of your Aunt.

smitten4kittens

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My MIL has decided to make a quilt for every single one of her grandkids.  And she would FREAK if one of them used a quilt that she made in that way. 

I have no idea if either of my girls will want one.  I know the oldest does- but the youngest likes "bucking tradition".  I guess what I'd do in that situation is just take one of the ones she's already made (she's got a closet full of them) and just put it aside. 

Cheryl
There are so many different and modern fabrics out there these days. Your younger daughter may just not be into traditional quilts. I made my friend's little boy a quilt with Vintage Harley Davidson motorcycle fabric!

colts2broncos

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love quilts but don't have the eyes or the patience to do the actual sewing :(  I'm a crochet kinda gal...

However, I'd love to see pics of some of your finished quilts :)

smitten4kittens

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love quilts but don't have the eyes or the patience to do the actual sewing :(  I'm a crochet kinda gal...

However, I'd love to see pics of some of your finished quilts :)
I like to crochet too.

Ok, I'll post some pics :)