Are TCS Thanksgiving lol

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well I´ll bring some veggies

Honey Roast Roots (carrots, parsnips & celeriac)
Roast Potatoes
Stir-fried Brussels Sprouts with chopped hazelnuts

oh and I thought some extra meat might be nice
how about

Honey Glazed Ham

Oh party time

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll bring some Tums!

Mmmm...sounds like a great feast so far (not 100% convinced about the brussel sprouts though, MoofiCat).

schwarzekatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All this talk about Thanksgiving and recipes etc....

I was resigned to having whatever happened to be in the fridge for Thanksgiving but now I have gone and bought a turkey and all the fixin's so I'll be cooking a feast for myself LOL.

Valanhb, I'll be joining you in eating lots of turkey sandwiches!!
On a positive note I'll get to try Pat's croquette recipe now because I'll surely have leftover mashed potatoes!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Um, I can bring...Fudgy Malted Brownies.
Lots of chocolatey goodness with malted milk powder added and Whoppers crushed and sprinkled on top.
Whoppers....

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

That sounds amazing.
It is the most amazing carb heavy dish, and no where near fat free. In other words, totally sinful!

Simple recipe, though I don't use measurements...

I use unsalted saltines (just because I think otherwise it gets too salty) that I crush, use a small corningware baking dish - and you just adjust the amounts for the size baking dish.

I layer crushed saltines, then usually an 8 oz. jar of medium sized oysters - layer 3-4 atop the saltines, put small dots of butter, sprinkle the layer with black pepper (a bit of salt if you wish if you've used unsalted saltines), then another layer of crackers/oysters/butter right up to finishing with a layer of saltines, butter atop the saltines, then pour over the casserole light cream - usually to about 3/4 the height of the side of the baking dish.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes (you want the top lightly tan, and the oysters to be well steamed in what will look like a dense bread pudding).

You can google scalloped oyster casserole to find variations, and tips on cooking times

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll bring a case of Tequilla and a case of Bailey's Irish Creme.
Have to bring some kind of meat, gravy and stuffing I can eat...I'm allergic to poultry!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by goosehazel

I will bring the beer and Broccoli rice casserole.
YUMMY...I LOVE Broccoli and rice casserole...I'll grab it and sit in the corner and eat it all myself if you guys don't keep an eye on me

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sorry I'm late the traffic was mad....

I can't beleive noone has brought Pumpkin Pie.. It's a Thanksgiving STABLE.. So I brought several and whip cream,, and Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake too!!!

Yummy........

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did someone say Brussel Sprouts?! Yeah! I love Brussel Sprouts... espically done up like green beans w/ bacon & onion!

Ok, I'll bring the green bean casserole, some spinakopita (because I've been dying to make it all year) and maybe some Buckeyes... yum.

Cheers guys!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Did someone say Brussel Sprouts?! Yeah!
They are really great when you toss them in olive oil, salt and pepper and then broil them.

schwarzekatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelkitty

and Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake too!!!

Yummy........
Did you make the cheesecake yourself? What's your recipe? I found a recipe for a pumpkin pie cheesecake and tried it, it was the most horrid thing I had ever tasted. I think it was the first thing I baked that I actually threw in the trash! No, wait, I threw the key lime pie away too.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How come no one invited me???
Ok, what's left to bring? (or did you all eat without me too?)

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

How come no one invited me???
Ok, what's left to bring? (or did you all eat without me too?)
Seems more of an invite yourself event... and there's lots of mouths to feed... bring what you make best!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Seems more of an invite yourself event... and there's lots of mouths to feed... bring what you make best!
Well, I make a mess pretty well, but I think I'll bring my rice casserole.....it's always a crowd pleaser!!