Are Seniors Good Candidates For Surgery?

Susana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I finally have the money to take my cat Mikey to the vet and find out if he has vaccine associated sarcoma. I raised the funds for the cost if his biopsy and possible-rats and blood work. I did this through GoFundMe and the generosity of two people on particular. Mike's appointment is on Thursday bit he's gotten noticeably worse in just the last 3 days. He's lost more weight and I think he'd in pain. I know there's a chance he may not be a good candidate for surgery but if he is, I'm pretty sure they will have tp amputate his tail and probably his left leg. He's been meowing/moaning the lady few nights and I hate to see him suffer. I've decided to mix some CBD capsules in with his food to try and relieve some of his anxiety and pain until he sees the vet.

Attachments

Geoffrey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is so good to have this help. However if Mikey is in pain the vet should give you an earlier appointment. Ring up the receptionist and tell her that Mikey is becoming worse, appears to be in pain and needs an early appointment. Please don't try to treat Mike yourself, let the vet decide.
With best wishes to you both,
Geoffrey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Susana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I did try to get an earlier appt but I guess because it's Phoenix's one low-cost clinic, they couldn't take him early. I had to wait 3 weeks for the appt Mike has this Thursday and he was even on the cancelation list. But I will call them again tomorrow. Thank you.

It is so good to have this help. However if Mikey is in pain the vet should give you an earlier appointment. Ring up the receptionist and tell her that Mikey is becoming worse, appears to be in pain and needs an early appointment. Please don't try to treat Mike yourself, let the vet decide.
With best wishes to you both,
Geoffrey