Are people really this stupid?

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

I am sitting here reading a profile on a guy on yahoo and he sounds nice but then he states not to eat chinese food due to the murder of cats and dogs and then states for people to not use wool because the animal has to be killed to get it. You DO NOT have to kill an animal to get wool its simply sheered off and if it wasn't the animal would get really over heated in the summer. But what I want to know is how many people are really that dumb.
DId this guy ever state he was vegan? All this hub bub about vegan lifestyle, but even vegans know you don't have to kill sheep to get wool! Also like to add, a vegan life style objects to animal products because of the mistreatment of the animal for those products, many people are vegans as far as their diet only, for health reasons.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are as many kinds of stupid as there are people - six and a half billion and growing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope he stated he was a PETA member and that God would love you for supporting PETA along with his comments about wool and chinese food

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Yes, people are gullible, they'll believe just about anything.

As for the cats though...there was a Vietnamese restaraunt by the University and well, homeless cats often came up missing when they hung around there.

I'm sure the owners called animal control, but it didn't help the cats + grinder = good asian eating rumors that went around campus.
We had rumours going around our area for a restaurant also. Although it doesn't pertain to ALL of those types of restaurants, I'm sure it does happen.

In answer to your thread title, YES! lol

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My mum teaches reception (4-5 year olds) and every year she has a similar conversation:
- Who knows where milk comes from?
-Silence from the class...
-Does anyone think it comes from cows?
-(As a group) No Mrs Chen!
They're all estate kids and think that dairy and meat products just turn up pre packaged.