Are neuter incisions healing properly? Is it fine?

MeumiAh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, My cat Meu got neutered 3 days ago on Thursday. He has licked the site more than usual which I'm worried about. I am trying me best to have him on collar. Does this look normal or forward to healing?
IMG_20220424_182331_342.jpg

I also want to know why the skin here turned into black. Please let me know if it's okay.
IMG_20220424_034234_471.jpg

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If possible I would send this picture to your vet. It looks like he has developed a hematoma which does happen with neutering. If that is what it is only time will heal it. The fluid will be reabsorbed by the body. I am not a vet though so I would check with your vet to make sure that is what is going on.

Nebaug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
First, any surgery is tissue trauma and it’s easy visible with light colored skin. 3 days in he should be fine. Majority of males don’t wear cones and do just fine. There are some exceptions to that. I never seen male shaved for neuter, why?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MeumiAh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If possible I would send this picture to your vet. It looks like he has developed a hematoma which does happen with neutering. If that is what it is only time will heal it. The fluid will be reabsorbed by the body. I am not a vet though so I would check with your vet to make sure that is what is going on.
Thank you, I sent it to a vet and he said it's normal, I'm a bit relieved now. Black skin is falling off and it looks like this now. Is it okay?

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MeumiAh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
First, any surgery is tissue trauma and it’s easy visible with light colored skin. 3 days in he should be fine. Majority of males don’t wear cones and do just fine. There are some exceptions to that. I never seen male shaved for neuter, why?
The vet shaved to save the place from fleas and other bacterial attack most probably.