Are laser pointers bad?

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Forest is the only one of my three that like the laser pointer. It was, actually, incredibly helpful with him. He has CH and, therefore, has motor function problems. When we first got him he had trouble walking. Some people in a group I belong to for people with CH cats told me how to use the laser to encourage him to practice moving around and improve his motor skills. It worked like a charm!! He can run with the best of them now...up and down the stairs...around corners...into just about anything he isn't supposed to be into. At first he would search for the dot after it was gone, but he has learned to notice the very soft click it makes when it goes on or off, so he no longer looks for it when it isn't there.

The only problem we have is...I lost it. I can't find it. I'm a very, very bad meowmy.

mycatsnameiszoe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When i first brought home the laser from the store, my two kats went crazy for it. They loved it. And like all ya'll have said before, when it goes away, they continued to look for it. The first night i had it and played with them, i made the mistake of pointing it at my oldest cat, and my younger cat attacted him like crazy tring to get the dot. It was hilarious. It used to keep them interstained for a while. But now... They're only interested for five - ten minutes. Then they get bored.

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by coaster

Rocket knows where the light comes from. He ignores the red spot and looks directly at the laser pen in my hand. So I can't use it with him. And the little bugger figured it out after only a couple sessions.
Same here with Pudge. I tried a laser pointer recently after hearing such rave reviews about them and she just looked at my hand, then up at me, walked away a few steps, stretched, and went to sleep.

She much prefers her feline flyer, however (and I'm sure she knows I have a lot to do with that. She goes nuts when I go to the place I store it at.)