Are brown cats worth anything?

ebrillblaiddes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

Getting pregnant is not the only issue with entire females. Cycling in and out of season without mating can cause Pyometra, which can be deadly if not treated in time.
Yes, but that's still less of a risk than the cat getting pregnant, and isolating them from intact males buys time to get them fixed.
Originally Posted by missymotus

I wouldn't be stuffing cats in closets either, setting them up in a quiet room is enough.
True, if there's a spare room that can be used for that. If there's not, the OP's parents still might be OK with using a closet for that, more easily than completely rearranging their house to free up a room.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mollysmom

Willowy, good point, but if one of their males is roaming it could get another unspayed female/feral/stray cat pregnant, so someone else has the litter or there are some additions to a feral colony.
Certainly, but the same point applies for the other intact females in the area.....any unspayed female cat, anywhere, except confined in a home, WILL get pregnant when she's in heat. There's no way every single tom within a 5-mile radius is neutered.

So I stand by my advice----ladies first.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Willowy

Certainly, but the same point applies for the other intact females in the area.....any unspayed female cat, anywhere, except confined in a home, WILL get pregnant when she's in heat. There's no way every single tom within a 5-mile radius is neutered.

So I stand by my advice----ladies first.
You're right.