Are Aliens Among Us?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm with the theory that it's almost statistically impossible for there not to be life elsewhere, and probably lots of it! I don't think there's any evidence that we've been visited though.
That's my opinion too, thanks for saying it so concisely :D.
But the reality is that many indigenous populations had advanced cities and technology while Europe was experiencing the dark ages.
The South American tribes, especially---North Anerican tribes tended to be more nomadic and built less infrastructure---had a really impressive civilization going. It would be interesting to know how different things would be now if they hadn't all died out. Too bad we don't have an an Alternate Reality machine so we could see that!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I teeter between 3 and 4, but I lean more towards 3. Between the Drake Equation, the Fermi Paradox, and the Seagar Equation, the likelihood of alien life is there.

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there a possibility of life somewhere in the universe? Yes, indeed. Has there ever been definitive proof of such? No, there has not. Note that I said definitive proof, and not speculative. As to what would happen if an extraterrestrial landed, perhaps they might not carry any diseases, but as in the sci-fi work The War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells, what finally defeated the invaders was diseases they picked up from us, and not the other way around.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I personally do not believe in aliens but I find it an interesting topic.
Perhaps not aliens - meaning, coming to earth/UFOs and such...but what about life or beings on other planets (that stay put) somewhere else in the universe?

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think aliens are here.... And among us!!

My current theory is that they need copious amounts of toilet paper to build their nests... And reproduce little aliens!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Seriously though I do think there is something. So much of our technology has advanced at unprecedented speeds that it does make me wonder if we have had 'nudges'.

*wanders off humming X-files theme*

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was younger, I used to just believe whatever my parents told me and took it as fact. But as I got older and continue to do so, I'm more open to the possibility that anything can be possible and it cannot too. By that I mean, I cannot confirm or deny that there is life on other planets. I cannot confirm or deny that there is life after death. This has made me stray a bit from religion. I think it's called agnostic? So, yeah, basically that.

Google Definition: "a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God."

I am open to whatever and I love to hear what other people think/believe. I don't judge.

Hope this makes sense.

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Perhaps not aliens - meaning, coming to earth/UFOs and such...but what about life or beings on other planets (that stay put) somewhere else in the universe?
I don't believe that there are other beings like humans on other planets. But, I'm open to one-celled organisms or something similar to that existing on other planets.