Are 3 Cats better than 2 ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mom of franz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NYC The Town so Nice, They Named it Twice!
I'm going to see him today Ann and all!!!! Going to wear my hot pink t-shirt, so we look good together...I mean he has to approve too!

Yes, Tricia...You've got my number...hard to resist!

If he's is a Chartreux Mix...he is sure to love French Opera...my favorite...and if he's also Rusian Blue..I'm part Russian!

I won't forget the Brits though, Sir Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance Marches are on the CD player as I type..oh bliss...such a good sign...I haven't listened to music since way before the hospital! Music, Books, Cats...very healing!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It really amazes me sometimes when I read how smoothly introductions of new cats have gone for so many here - I've forgotten what that's like. JC was ten weeks old when we got him, didn't get along with his littermates after the age of six weeks, and although our senior cat was thrilled to welcome him (he used to bring home guests all the time), JC was extremely nasty with him from the start, drove away our neighbor's cat, who often spent hours in our house and wanted to mother him, and literally tried to kill a 6-week-old orphaned kitten and another younger cat (female) we tried to introduce. Our vets' receptionist is very careful about scheduling his appointments, so that he doesn't encounter other cats (dogs, chinchillas, ferrets, rabbits, and believe it or not, foxes (3 encounters in the waiting room) are fine. He freaks out if another cat is in the office. Very odd. He becomes a "felicidal maniac" when he sees another cat. Franz seemes to be his exact opposite.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mom of franz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NYC The Town so Nice, They Named it Twice!
Update on Chaplin

Just before I was to leave today, my landlord came by an announced my rent is going up in Sept, by 4%. Adding that in to the cost of maintaining a new baby I realized I can't do it. It was a hard, but realistic realization. No tears, just made me doubly happy for Franz and Maddie. I "celebrated" by buying Franz a new bed, (on sale clearance item, yea) since Maddie took over his old one. And Maddie got a giant stuffed rat, that she can carry around the house! It wasn't meant to be. Here's to Chaplin finding a good home...with those looks, it should be easy!