Aquariums?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thats so cute,
i won a fish too at this carnival in italy. it was a goldfish though and it came with a tank but with no filter or oxygen thing...
My cats kept on terrorising it trying to knock over the small tank..
it died a week later

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like algae. every tank gets that. either that or it's bacteria. not the bad bacteria. a good kind that helps the fish to thrive. dont' clean that off your filters just yet. if it's on the wheels (the things that are pushing the water back into the tank) absolutely don't clean that off. that is definately good growth. Brad never cleans the biowheels. those are essential for the life in the tank.
I'll have to give you some of the places he goes for information. I'm not sure what kind of fish you have. I've never heard of that before.
Bettas are all kept separately since the males will fight if they are together. Another name for Bettas are Japanese fighting fish. I'll post a pic in a few, gotta go get my car from the garage. back on later!!!!!!!!!

dragonlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On the bottom of this page ia a list of other sites about other animals and Goldfish Care or Betta Fish Info should give you some good ideas. If you are getting tropical fish you may need a heater and thermometer. If the alge gets too bad you should keep the light off. Have you found out the name of the fish you want to get yet? Has the store owner said how big they will grow? Don't believe it when they say the fish will only grow to the size of the tank. Almost all of the fish in pet stores are babies and should at least double in size if not more. Schooling fish should only be purchased in groups as they tend to stress and die if alone. These would be the tetras, danios, black skirts and others of those types. Once you find out the name of the kind of fish you want look it up on the internet. This will give you more information that the store owner can.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you dragon lady

I have looked at those sites but they didnt give me the information i wanted.

You know what mineral water looks like???? well i have those bubbles on the tank why???
now they are clearing up but they have been like that for a few days
weelies pushing water back *is so confused*

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi I'm back! Brad says that if he's calculations are correct your tank is 3 glns or so.
he said if you want you can post a link to the auction on Ebay or you can give him you user name(if you feel comfortable enough ) so he can see the tank and then he can tell you what kinds of fish and how many you can have in the tank.
He also said it's hard to tell what kind of filter you have since there are so many. can you post picture of your tank???

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

Hi I'm back! Brad says that if he's calculations are correct your tank is 3 glns or so.
he said if you want you can post a link to the auction on Ebay or you can give him you user name(if you feel comfortable enough ) so he can see the tank and then he can tell you what kinds of fish and how many you can have in the tank.
He also said it's hard to tell what kind of filter you have since there are so many. can you post picture of your tank???
Here is the link i hope it works
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok the link worked and I emailed it to Brad. He said that you should only have one algae eater in that tank. they get to big to have anymore then that. sorry
He said you should have Tetras, Neons, White cloud neons or Guppies. He said you can have 6 to 10 of those. But FYI guppies breed like rabbits. all the time and often! LOL!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i know how big algae eaters are.
My boyfriends sister has one and i purely fell inlove with it, its about 1 yrs old i think and about 10 cm long.. the ones in the store i presume are still babies because they arent even 2 cm big
I plan to get a bigger aquarium when i move out

10 fishies in my tank??? i think my tank is a bit small for that many.
I dont want them to breed untill i have a big tank

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The fish Brad suggested won't get big so ten in that tank is ok. But you don't have to get ten. it's just the most you want to have in there. Neons, and Tetras will only get to about 1.5 inches long tops. so they stay small. I just thought you'd like some other options. Neons are really pretty also. here's a link for you.(if I can get it to work, you might have to copy and paste it into your browser ) http://fish.orbust.net/neontetra.html there is some information for you there. I've got to leave again. I'll be back either later tonight or tomorrow.
Hope you find the information useful.

binkx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay Don't clean the green stuffoff. You will need that. A big mistake most beginners will make is this. They keep the tank too clean. So if you have that stuff it could breed for your algae eaters. Also an aerator is also known as an airstone. It comes in many ways but the cheapest is the compressed sand variety. Hope this helps.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i didnt get to go to the store today because i had to take kitty and bunny to the vet!

Do you think its okay to put some marbles in the fish tank? for decoration on top of the gravel ???

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes but clean them first and make sure you get all the soap off of them before you put them in the tank. I had Hamster tubes in my tank, at one time because I had a black knife fish that only lived in tubes so I thought that'd be a cool way for him to live.He lived in there for a long time only coming out at night.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay Guys.
I have decided to empty the aquarium, and take it with me.
I forgot to Ask my pet store today how much i would have to feed it.
Do yous know?? I wont have the internet so i wont have much access when i get there.