Applying for job - need advice

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Duh I forgot about the time difference! (Its Tuesday here, btw) Good luck!
OOohhhh...
I forget about that too!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Well, Friday (when I started this thread, I think?
) they were closed. Just my luck!
But just think....IF you DO get the job you'll have Fridays off!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

But just think....IF you DO get the job you'll have Fridays off!
I guess they work 1/2 days on Fridays, but the office is closed to the public, its just a quiet day in the office, catch up type day... how nice would that be!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alot of the dental offices around here are either closed on Fridays or are only open for part of the day.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Did you drop it off Kenzie?
Yup, I did this afternoon - they said they would call me tomorrow!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Yup, I did this afternoon - they said they would call me tomorrow!
Just now seeing this thread Kenz. Sorry I'm so late chiming in.

How could they not want you? You're all friendly and smiley, perfect for a dental office, not to mention your hygienist aspirations.

Good luck!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

Just now seeing this thread Kenz. Sorry I'm so late chiming in.

How could they not want you? You're all friendly and smiley, perfect for a dental office, not to mention your hygienist aspirations.

Good luck!!
Awww, thanks so much!! I'm super excited, I need/want this job really bad!!

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

Kenz I think this sounds like a great opportunity! Plus the schedule would be better for you to go to school and advance your opportunities....I say go for it. I would highlight all of your talents pertaining to this job and add additional things too. List all of your qualifications:

greeting clients with a smile as they come into office
handle phone calls in a professional manner
managed schedule for client appts, as well as management's schedule
maintained promt & courteous follow up to appts
office administrative work consisting of:
handling insurance claims
maintaining adequate records and file keeping for billing
communicated with clients and insurance companies via phone, email, and mail
handled mail services, as well as courier and express shipping companies, along with all of their billing

I am just guessing with all of this, but I'm sure you have dealt with most of it in your previous postition....hope this helps ya!
Having just gone thru this and rewritten my resume with the help of a Management Service (they counsel people who are in the process of loosing their jobs) I can give some advice and suggestions.

Generalities don't catch the manager's eye anymore. They want numbers and examples to back your claims on a resume. For example: "Maintained adequate records and file keeping for billing." Back that up. Maintained excellent records for billing for office with 2,000 patients. "Managed schedule for client appts, as well as management's schedule" Managed daily schedule of client appointments as well as schedule for 3 Vice Presidents(or whatever their title is) "Handled insurance claims" Handled insurance claims for 2000 clients with 23 insurance companies.

Don't be afraid to BRAG! What you did, you did well and no one is going to tell the new management for you so you have to do it! In your interview, be ready with those numbers! Review your resume before you go. Have someone quiz you before you go. Have practice interviews. Be prepared to answer the hardest questions. ("Tell me about yourself" "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" "How do I know you can grow into this job?" "What are 3 weaknesses?") Bring references from your last jobs.

Dress in your most professional suit. Go in with confidence in your abilities and let your personality shine and you WILL get that job! I know you have the personality and confidence. I've seen that in your postings here!

Good luck with your interview!
Sandy

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck gorgeous!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed and sending out lots of vibes that you find an awesome job soon!!!!
/ I'm applying to the animal shelter I volunteer at tomorrow! So you have company!